1. Win a Cloud Pen 3.0 Vaporizer Bundle Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

plants still not flowering, they are almost 6 months old

Discussion in 'Outdoor Marijuana Growing' started by siixty9, Aug 23, 2017.

1. As you can tell I've topped the plant a couple times a couple weeks ago but besides that still no sign of flowering or stretching at all

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. And advice would be useful thank tou

3. @LEDGROWER562
    No light at all brighter then the full moon. Dosen't take much at all to hold them in veg.
    I've got 2 spots in my yard I can't plant. One gets light from the street light out front 90 ft away and it's caused hermis twice now. The other gets light from the kitchen window so people flicking on the kitchen light at night screwed up that spot.
    If you can shadow the plant with your hand it's getting to much light. Back porch lights can keep an entire yard from flowering.
    [​IMG]
    I've even used this 35 lumen solar walk light to keep plants in veg off season so it doesn't take much.
    Mine started flowering when I kicked them out from the 24-0 veg shed and are all harvested by now.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. Would you shudders making some type of frame and covering them up with blackout tarp till it's complete sundown for a couple weeks to kickstart flowering ? Along with no other lighting in nearby area ?

5. @LEDGROWER562
    We are well into flower period and really have been since early in August. Covering will tend to cause mold in the buds. Tried that a few years ago and killed the plants.
    If your in the 562 area code you don't have any frost or cold temps to contend with. As long as you secure the area from any external lights they'll flower.
    East side LB grower.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dope I'll just let it play out , by when will flowering initiate then ? I hear others are mid flower and mine are still begging normally ?

7. I suggest moving the plants to an area where no light shines on them. If you must keep a light on I would change it to green if possible. The light must be keeping it in veg. It’s October and I’ve begun harvesting plants. You may have to move it indoors for in order to finish them. You could move them indoor into total darkness for a few days to help trigger flowering.

• Like Like x 2
  8. It's not really cold and windy at this time of the year where I'm at (Los Angeles) I've cut off all outside light and I'll just leave it outside to flower naturally ?

9. Listen to Brass He know of which he speaks

10. That’s what I would do. Also make sure they are not next to a window where the inside light can effect the plants. I live bear Sacramento and grow outdoor year round without plant dying. The colder weather will make for a more purple flower.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I was gonna say that a neighbor or someone has to have a light that's keeping them from going into flower but u said there isn't one. So not sure. That is wierd. Hemp plants?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Last part was a joke

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maannnn you jinxed it found a couple male sacs ripped them off immediately but flowering process did start I believe it just finished its stretch . Hairs are popping up everywhere

14. So all plants you put outside will just go straight into flower no ?

15. Dont worry man. Just get rid of the males and grow them out. Depending on your location u might have to provide insulation from frost and rain protection

16. Oh shit 562.... you're good. Maybe some rain protection. Little ghetto pvc hoophouse

17. It depends on the hours of sunlight you receive. As the days shorten to around 13 hrs of sunlight it triggers plants to begin flowering. The plants grown from seed must also be mature which happens about a month to month and half of vegetive growth.

• Like Like x 1
  18. As stated below it's ALL about the daylight times. As summer winds down and you start hitting 14 hours of daylight a day your plants will start to flower and flowering will intensify as days continue to get shorter - with 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of night being ideal.

A problem I run into since I'm up north in central Maine is that the nights start to get too cold. Luckily it hasn't gotten too cold yet, but this weekend we are going to build a redneck greenhouse up and over the plants to try and get them an extra couple of weeks of flowering time.

J

• Like Like x 1
  19. @LEDGROWER562
    I thought that might be your area code.
    If they just started flowering they'll be ready a bit before Christmas. Plan on about 70-80 days from the first good signs of sex-flower.
    I'm in East LB and pull off 4 harvest per year and have for a few years.
    An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun
    [​IMG]
    An old garden shed full of T5 High Output 6500k lights gets the vegging done and I set plants out 4 times per year.
    The group on the right will go out on the 15th and I'll harvest end of December.

Jan1st = Harvest, Take cuts for clones, Set out plants to flower.
    March 15th = same
    June 1st = same
    Oct 15th = same

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  20. Really good info brass
    Would you be able to give me more detail on your yearly schedule ? How big do you let the plants get before you harvest ? If I were to have some clones inside and I throw them out rn they would just start flowering right ? And if by Jan 1 I put a plant out wouldnit have enough time to flower or would it revert back to veg in a couple months ?

Grasscity Deals Near You