Plants still aren't growing.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hibonus, Jul 15, 2009.

1. #1 Hibonus, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
    3 weeks since I planted these clones, they're still floundering. They're a bit healthier and they've gained a few leaves, but they havent gained even one inch in height.

Soil ( kellogs potting mixed with some miracle grow organic on top, the kelloggs sucks, too much forest product, doesn't hold water )
    400w HPS 18/6 ( 2 feet above plants )
    55-70% RH
    Daily watering ( the soil dries out fast )
    temperature at plant-level is 76-83 degrees depending on time of day

I was thinking about switching to 24 Hours of light, maybe these things were cut in flowering and thatll shock em back into veg faster?

THis sucks I'm really dissapointed with my first grow. 3 weeks and hardly any progress.

I lost 2 clones from under-watering, and alot of plants were getting yellowing leaves, but this was fixed with more water, mostly... Some of them still seem to be struggling, most are kind of a pale green ( slight yellowing ) I dunno what the deal is ;o(

2. Clones are suppose to be under 24hr lights unless you're flowering them.

3. 2 feet from a 400 watt light =slow to no noticeable growth, or a whole lot of stretching. are these cuts rooted? i'd x-plant into some better medium. when i root cuts, i use an 18/6 or 16/8 light schedule. some folks go 24/0, either way will work. just make sure you don't let them get out of proper temp/rh range while lights are off.

4. I could really use more help here.

5. Pictures would help dude. Yellowing in clones is sometimes a sign of rooting and that will also slow growth down. Once they have rooted though they should really take off.

Good luck

6. have the rooted properly? theyy could just be establishing their root system which is stunting their growth!

7. what are you, dense? i told you your issues.... LOL')

8. don't be such "ahemm" dicks - not all of u! :) - he isn't cloning - he planted clones he bought. read the damn post.
    he planted clones he bought or received.
    too many people don't take care of their clones - this is the most important thing in growing medicine. your clones are your future. any complication such as: lack of water or interrupted light cycle, heat, cold or even doing such a stupid thing as cloning during flowering can cause problems and genetic mutation.
    there is only one thing more important than this and it is water. ph ec etc.
    if u can master this u can have great harvests.
    don't be so cheap and buy a water filter - preferably a great one. ro would be cool but anything that lowers the salt - ec content and filters out chlorine and chloramine will be fine
    I know i sound like a broken record on the chloramine thing but i had a whole crop die from it. 60 plants. I was heart broken. I moved. If u live in the U.S. then call and check at least - save yourself the heartache.
    if you don't keep your plants in tip top shape then how can u expect them to perform well for you?

just a thought from some dip shit who knows nothing!!

peace and good growing. :D

9. I put mine under 18/6 or 20/4, are you talking about rooting cuts?

10. I definitely agree about the importance of water, especially pH. Heat is the other big factor :) I use a smallboy dechlorinator which works like a champ.

11. LOL, i'm not a richard... all the time. he doesn't really specify if the cuts were rooted or not. i agree with you. clones need to be cared for early on until they get going. some people do well w/o meters and good water somehow. i have a friend who doesn't even ph his feed/water. i can't imagine not ph'ing stuff. anyways, pictures are helpful....