plants sprouted in my moms veggie garden!?!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by misinformation, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Hi. Here's a background story before I ask for advice....so I came to spend the week at my parents cabin in northern Minnesota and as I was getting a tour of my mother's vegetable garden my dad pointed out a foot tall marijuana plant! Holy shit! He said they ordered dirt from a local contractor and to their surprise these plants just popped up. I went in and checked and actually found 7 plants growing throughout the corn stalks, zinnias and tomatoes. Two of the plants are about 2 and a half feet tall and the rest are a about a foot tall and they are all very spread out from each other. I don't know how long they've been growing but I did notice that the tallest one has litte seeds where the "branches" meet the main stalk. The plants get full sun too.

My mom said she won't cut them down if she actually thinks I can get something out of them (my dad is a smoker and knows my boyfriend and I would be beyond thrilled if this actually worked)

So my question is, what's next? Do I get rid of the plant with seeds? Are those even seeds? Does this sound like legit plants or what? I'm sorry if I didn't look through the threads enough but I really just don't know where to start with this process.

Here is a camera phone pic of what they're looking like now.

Thanks a lot.
    -Rach

[​IMG]

2. can you say lucky
    those are some nice looking plants for just popping out of nowhere

3. those look like some pretty legit plants that have been growin for bout 6 weeks i guess i dont think you should get rid of the plant with seeds on it.. when a plant makes seeds it uses some of its thc but it will only end up to be some low mids

4. those aren't seeds they are male pollen sacks, now if you don't want seeds in your females buds then destroy all the males.

5. alright. and im assuming theres still a chance that some of the others could be males? this is the largest plant and it is full of sacks. i'll scrap that one and let me ladies get full of buds! thanks

6. Yeah chop them males down. Keep your girls virgins. Females have small hairs, males have grape looken sacks dont let them open.

7. Hi, im not an expert, but to me they sound like hemp, like for commercial use and if its hemp, they wont produce large amout of thc, maybe less than 3%. But let them grow and see. its still a wonderfull plant and an add-on to the ''veggie'' garden :)

8. More than likely these are just hemp plants, you find hemp seeds in bird feed and can actually buy them for cooking and stuff. Where i live there was whole field of this stuff (nearly wet myself when i saw this). Farmers grow it mainly for making rope. The UK produces alot of hemp rope and sell it to the saudis for hanging people! Unfortunatly there will be next to no thc produced from these plants.