Plants small and bushy?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nathon418, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Ok, so i started out with 2 plants and they've been growing for about 3 weeks now, with 24 hours of lighting per day. Theyre on their 5th node and rite now they are only about 5 inches tall. I got the seed from some OD that had seeds in it. Is it maybe the strain is the reason it is small? Another thing i thought it may have been was, it wasnt really growing any taller becasue i kept it in a small like 16 oz red cup like the ones you use for beer pong. i just put them in bigger pots, any suggestions? Anyone know why this is happening? And last but not least, how much should i water them, i can never find an exact amount???

Attached Files:

2. i cant tell you why this is happening but right now i as well have 4 plants in 4th week of veg, 2 of them are 5 in call n the other 2 are 6 in, they are all on their 5th or 6th node with big leafs and well established 2nd set of leafs all the way up

3. You should really give them 18h/6h let them rest ;) Check out my grow guide might help!!

4. Your plant isn't small and bushy yet!
    I've seen smaller and bushier! ;)
    I'd say the closer the nodes without harming the plant the better.

But if you really think it's too short or bushy,

Lights might be too close, move them away and it will stretch.

Another reason it might be small is you aren't giving it a night break.

What's your temps?

5. i have a 400 w hps and the plants are around 16-18 in undreneath it, the temp stars in the high mid 80s i believe with a small fan going most the time and im on 16/8

6. I had some Thai Haze seedlings a while back under too much heat with a CFL right up on them and they stunted a bit. I could tell because the leaves were all funny shaped and not perfect. When I backed the light off them some to cool them down the leaves started growing right again and the plants nodes were spaced nicely.

I think for those reasons a plant can slow or stunt growth if it's too hot, so try and keep cool but right on the light if at all possible.

I can't see anything wrong with dude's plant above. Looks normal.
    How much to water depends on many things.

I'd start with 16oz's or so every 3 days? not positive how you are setup..

7. Nathon418, what type of lights are you using? And how close are they to the plants? Since poke kind of ninja'd your thread.

8. im using 2 of the regular spiral CFLS from walmart... lol theyre about 2 inches away

9. What wattage (real wattage, not equivalent)? Because that doesn't sound like enough, they need atleast 100 true watts.