plants slighty pollinated

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by usuckman, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Im about 1 week into flowering. my last crop had a hermi problem about 8 weeks into flowering, i still got to harvest a good crop with no seeds because i noticed it before the seeds developed. After i harvested i put the new plants in. They were already vegged, I gave the grow tent a pretty decent whipe down and started flowering the new plants. Its about 1 week into flowering. The plants are at the point where they should have small clusters of white hairs, and they do but some of them are turning brown like they are pollinated and some just have no white hairs at all, they are all dead little brown hairs. Basically i know my plants are pollinated at this point. Im just wondering how bad could this really be? id say about 40% of the white hairs are browned.

fucking female seeds.... they fuck u over

2. browns pistils doesn't necessarily mean pollination has taken place.

3. There are brown stigmas and then there are orangish-reddish ones. The hairs naturally reach a point where they turn orangish-reddish (or slightly different hues, depending on the strain), often around 2/3 of the way through flowering. Brown, dry stigmas are dead and don't become that way naturally. Neither have anything to do with pollenation, as GB stated.

Are there any other symptoms besides the dead stigmas? Any leaf damage, discoloration or drooping? If so, which leaves & where are they on the plant? Pics would help.

4. #4 usuckman, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    well the first sentence says im 1 week into flowering so, the buds should have all white hairs at this point still. Like i said i know its pollinated because the last crop had to get chopped down a week early cause of pollination.

The plants have in now were clones and the clones seemed to be from a flowering mother since the started making white hairs 1 day after i got them. I put them back into veg and they grew fine but they had small calyx with 2 white hairs on each node. These calyx all seem to have been pollinated. And they i disected one already and found a really tiny seed inside it. Anyways, im just wondering has anyone else had plants pollinate in week 1 and still grow them out?

Questions i still need answered.
    How bad does pollination effect a bud that was pollinated so early?
    Can hairs turn brown early in flowering for other reasons?
    am i fucked?

5. I feel your pain man. It took me a year and a half to produce a real "seedless" crop.

As to your questions....

It can be pretty bad, I have found that if you are blowing pollen around your room, stay your fan. A movable fan will produce more seeds than a stationary one.

Yes, hairs can turn brown from heat. You know your plants though, it's probably pollination.

Certainly not, you will still get smokable herb. I've had about the worse pollination in the history of growing weed, it still made for a good high, just a pain to clean.

6. #6 usuckman, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    well, i forgot to mention for like an hour or 2 my duct fan came loose and the heat got to like 95 for a couple hrs, may be the problem? it seems like a perfect explanation actually... I mean I did find some baby seeds on the hairs that were already existant, but those were pretty close to the plant that hermed out, and they had the hairs at the same time.

And i love the bubbles pic :p