Plants showing problems, someone help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by cocoman, Jan 20, 2010.

1. #1 cocoman, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
    i am growing the strain jack herrer in coco mix (mo"koko from holland).
    i was told by my friend that this is the same as hydro because coco does not
    retain or add any nutrients...it is merely a neutral medium for the roots to grow in.
    therefore you should water once and in some cases twice a day due to the fact that
    the coco dries out much faster and the plants are left with nothing to feed on.
    i was watering once every 24 hours and just now started watering twice a day based on my grow
    buddy's advice (seems to help a bit but not long enough to be sure). i have heard it is a danger to overwater in soil because this can cause root rot and fungus but was
    told this is not possible in coco.
    The plants have also been on vertical lighting (not sea of green) directly from vegging stage into budding(view pics: light in center and pots in a circle around)...i guess this could have caused them to stretch poorly
    i am using ten inch pots, the room is well ventilated with a 6 inch carbon filter intake/exhaust and 3 fans
    two lights 1000w hps and 600w hps 18 plants total.
    temperature varies from 20-23 degrees celsius and humidity is around 65%-70%
    i am using gh nutes which include gh micro, flora and bloom. i also add floraliscious bloom, kool bloom powder
    and kool bloom liquid all from GH brand as well. i give one dose of calmag every 4-5 days, and regulate the water's ph between 5.7
    and 6.0.
    based on the pics i have attached it is evident that i am doing something wrong, many leaves are light green and many leaves also have shriveled edges, discolorations and burns although when looking at the stats all seems fine, and
    my friend has grown the same clones successfully in a very similar medium...i know it is not a bug issue because i am in there everyday and have been looking
    for pests with a magnifying glass and don't see any anywhere...but at first sight, the damage looks like bugs eating the leaves.
    maybe a nute mix issue? i am following the doses on the back of the bottle and measuring accurately...
    anyone have any suggestions or have had similar problems growing in coco? how much will this affect my yield?
    should i flush them with water? they are currently 12 days into 12/12 light cycle.

sorry i have pictures but i am unsure how to post them... if someone can tell me how to post pics or i can email them if you are that willing to help... thanks and appreciate all feedback

2. To upload the pictures you can just attach them (the little paper clip icon) then just have a link to the picture with the picture button.
    Personally i'd pull back on the nutes and let it dry out pretty good between waterings
    but im not really sure what would cause this but pictures would help greatly.
    Good luck man hope you get some nice herb

3. I think you are watering way too much. The coco needs to dry ALL the way out before you water it again. Dig your middle finger down to the knuckle. And if its bone dry that far down, then its ready to water again.

4. That sounds a little bit humid for flowering, you might want to watch that so you dont run into problems when your plant starts making bud. but i would ease up on the nutes for a couple days and just give em fresh water, that usually remedies a lot of my problems.