Plants say harvest Trichomes say don't....what to do?

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by kenmastazz, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Hi,

today is flowering day 59 since 12/12 I flushed the plants 8 days ago they reacted very quickly and all the leaves turned yellow in 2-3 days. I didn't water them since then because the pots are still not very light. The trichomes doesn't turn amber though because I like a more indica effect. Should I wait or harvest in 2 days?

Strain: Skunk #1

Attached Files:

2. The plants say that they need another few weeks for their flowers to develop, the trichomes agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. few weeks??!! the leaves are already falling off im not sure if there is enough nutes for another few days. Should i give them nutes in this late stage after flushing?

4. <-- gives them all 10 weeks. Damn rare I find a real 8 or 9 week plant. 25 grows and hundreds of strains.
    It'll naturally fade on it's own if it's that fast with a gradual die off of the buds.
    Mine are all flowered outside in the ground so it's never a question of nute changes or flushing as I use neither.
    Summer and a really thin, fingered, lanky, sativa I'll let em run 13 to 15 weeks as it never freezes here and I can just let them go on and on.
    BNW

5. so youre saying if the leaves fade so fast the buds will die off after that?

6. That's territory that is new to me, I grow in soil that has most if not all the nutrition the plants need. I guess if I were you I'd put them back on the bottle for another couple of weeks. To be fair, I'm only going by that one zoomed out picture of the plant. From what I can tell it still has a ton of hairy white pistils still on it. Wait until they recede and the calyxes swell up.

Here's a guide on when to harvest (or predict when harvest is)...

When is the Best Time to Harvest Marijuana Buds? (For Highest Potency) | Grow Weed Easy

To me it looks like you're in the "not ready" and "still not ready" stages.

7. Go back on the last feed ratio and let them run a while longer. Even if the major fans are all gone she'll continue to ripen.
    A real fast finish will have spots in the buds at random places start to die and dry in place for what seems to be no reason. I've grown plenty past their prime over the years to know what it looks like and better yet doesn't smell like. A truly finished plant drops in smell drastically before it starts to fade foliage wise.
    As long as the buds are plump and green and the sugar leafs are tall and firm it's ok.
    I've got some that self trim for all intents and are nearly naked sticks and buds when I finally take them.
    BNW

8. alright! Thanks for the help

9. Yea they still need 2-3 weeks Amber. You want all your fan leaves to fall off that's normal.

if you harvest now it will be garbage
    It should like solid nugs you buy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. Also you dont count day 1 of 12/12 when you flip the switch. But you start counting when you see your first white hair cluster there's a translation period before flowering begins

It's probably really more like 7 weeks flowering

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Two more weeks at least. The trichomes don’t lie!

• Like Like x 1
  12. NOT..The plant's hormones change the 1st day of the flip...Besides, those breeders ESTIMATES are under optimal conditions and meant to suck in unsuspecting buyers.
    Pineapple Xpress2 and Creme Mandarine are on day 63 of 56-60 days estimated..NOT ready yet!!
    Last week and still waiting..
    4-21-18.JPG

• Like Like x 1