Plants pollinated by a hermi

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tommatt, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Ok, so I had no clue where to put this.

I've always heard that if a plant hermi's, all or most of its seeds will be hermi's as well. Is this true? What about a nearby female plant that was pollinated by the hermi. Will those seeds be normal hit or miss on male /female/hermi's?

2. You'll get a higher percentage of hermies from that batch of seed. Maybe 1-2 out of 10 IME, could be higher or lower.

3. That doesn't sound too bad. It's pretty good shit and he paid good money for the seeds. One of them hermied somehow and pollinated all the others.

4. I appreciate that web site and I'll check it out, but I have to feel you didn't actually bother to read my question.

5. The seeds will be mainly hermi or male

6. It all depends on how likely the herm plant will turn herm in normal conditions..all femmed seeds come from herms but they are forced to herm so if that plant doesnt herm on its own the seeds wont be likely to herm because its not in its genetics

7. http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesti...7993-harvesting-hermaphrodite-seeds-help.html

Thread for you. They will mainly be hermi then a smaller chance At having straight male. Most likely you won't get a female. I posted that other link so you could change the seeds to female since most will be hermi seeds you can make female seeds from them.

8. They should all be female or hermie. Yoi cant get a male seed. Their is no male genetice whatsoever in the seeds or the pollen. You can not get a male. Hermies are a result of stress...its not genetic. You cant just grow a hermie from seed it has to be caused later in life. They will be females.
    The way big companys make female seeds is from spraying collidal silver in plants to stress them into hermie and breed them. Think about genetics. You will have female seeds. Dont listen to people that say they will be low grade and not worth it haha. They dont know what they are talking about.

9. People need to stop giving false info on this subject. Picky shits. Keep the seeds and grow them they are femminized.

10. I agree with TinTizzy and Cody. I've grown a bunch of hermie seeds and all of them were female. There's also a big difference between genetic hermies and forced hermies, but if your male flowers show early and theres' no major stress then it's probably genetic.

11. there are some really out there replies here. what will happen in your case is you will have feminised seeds, ALL of them. they will be predominantly female but have a tendency to hermaphrodite and the level of hermaphroditism will vary from seed to seed. what you can be sure of is you will not get any straight up males

12. ^ yes

it's genetic, you'll get female/herm seeds. On the bright side, you can always start your own company based on this premise. Call it GreenHaus seed co. or something of the sort and you can paint your seeds so stoner's will always know which herm is which (present company included)