Plants not the same size?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nathon418, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Alright, so i started growing 3 plants and they all have their own light bulb. They all get water at the same time and everything that gets done to one is done to all of them, i got the seeds from some bud so im pretty sure they're all the same kind. Out of the 3, 2 of them are the same size and are shorter and more bushy but the other one is taller with bigger leafs. All im using rite now is some mirclegrow water protection soil and just giving water, what else should i get? This is their 2nd week so far and im wondering how long can they stay in these red cups for, any other tips would be appriciated, thanks.:wave:

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      69.6 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      64.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Bagseed being bagseed, you could have all kinds of phenotypes showing up...:p

That's the good and bad thing about bagseed. Maybe you're really lucky and one of them has the sativa dominant showing, which will make for a challenging and interesting grow for indica growers. :laughing:

Just keep on keeping on, I never let my plants get above 4-6 inches in that size before transplanting up. Wait until the cotyledons (first round water leaves) yellow and die and then give them their first nutrient feeding (start at 1/4 recommended dosage and step up from there). A lot of growers like a water, water, feed schedule once they start fertilizing.

3. My neighbor had fraternal (non identical) triplets. A few years later, all the kids are different heights.

This is to be expected. Even with the same parents, the offspring will have different traits, this is just how genetics works.

If they are all getting the same lights and nutrients, and showing no other problems, I really wouldn't worry about it.