Plants not looking so good....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kman88, Mar 19, 2009.

1. First time growing, Running 400W digital ballast, in a grow tent, running 16 hour light on, watering 3 times a day. Grown in soil.
    Soil is store bought with nutrients, now i'm just taking a guess but after looking around looks like nutrient burn? not sure, if thats the case what can i do about it?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Well, I don't know about nutrient burn but watering 3 times a day is waaaay too much. ;)
    Water well (until the water comes out the drain holes) and then wait until the soil is dry before watering again. Easy way to determine that is to stick your finger either down the soil from the top or up from the drain hole, if dry, water again.

Also, not a good idea to have multiple plants in one pot. ;)

Have a read of the grow guide stuck to the top of this forum for the basics of growing and good luck.

3. Yeah probably the soil. Best to transplant or flush and separate those two as well.

4. Yeah, if you've been watering thrice a day, you've released way to many nutes for your young-uns.........
    .Like he said........^^^^^^^^

5. Yeah and watering thrice a day is way too often LOL. Shit I only water my moms and veggers once every 4 days or so with moderate humidity in room [30% to 40% recently] and decent airflow. My flower'r on 12/12 HPS 3 Gallon pot, same above humidity, shit I watered it in real well last time at about 7 days ago now and finally it is starting to get dry an inch or so deep in the soil.

6. Whats the N-P-K rating on the soil you bought? My bet is that it's nute burn (as everyone else stated), but I figure its from too high of an N-P-K rating for such young plants. So transplant both plants into 2 seperate containers (so each can grow bigger b/c of more room for root growth), and get new soil that has a lower N-P-K rating. Also too much watering. Thats probably the reason for your problem, but for future plant problems take a photo (a good clear one lol).

7. Just a thought... you lights might be too far away from the plants..look how skinny and stretched out the stock is. Ive grown with 400 watts and you have to be very careful where and how close you are putting light on the plants. Too close u burn them Too far you get that stretch look. Good luck.