Plants need advice "PICS"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DChief420, Jan 3, 2013.

1. My Plants are about 3 & half weeks old. "kindly small due to few lights in beginning weeks"
    I've just put them in 4Gal buckets each.
    Soil is premium Miracle grow soil.
    Just upgraded the lights to three 24" Halogen lights made for plants.
    Inside a custom grow box "Will upload pic later" With exhaust fan.
    The strain is from a random bag of beasters. "High Mids"
    Also Looking for great sites to buy better seeds from, for my second grow?
    Any advice would be awesome!:smoking::wave:

Attached Files:

2. R u sure those lights r for growing plants or just displaying them in like a office or something? In my grow book it says halogen is no good for growing weed.

3. After looking at your pics did u mean fluorescence?

4. yeah my bad lol.

5. Ya I don't know a whole lot about those kind of floresence lights I'm curious to see what an expert sais if it is enough to get u all the way thru flower. Attitude seed bank is a really good choice discreet shipping and they have just about any strain u can think of check out there web site. Seeya

6. They look like they're stretching pretty bad due to lack of light but that's just a guess. Do you have any additional lighting and if so what wattage? I believe as a rule of thumb its best to go with around 100w per plant.

All the best.

7. Gonna need more light to finish those. Home Depot sells 2-4 ft. T5 fixtures that grow weed quite well. Or add some cfl's.

8. Miricle grow is not going to do you any favors, it has time release nuts. I have never used it but a lot of people on the forums say its a no no.

9. I would start over with better light, better seeds, and better soil. In the time it would take to turn those plants into anything worth while you could have new, healthy plants.

10. I have to agree with joker865 on this one op, you will be better off.

11. MG soil is trash I'm still in my first grow using MG soil and I has nothing but problems with it. First off it is easy to over furt with time release nutes. Second MG soil has gnats I'm still fighting the lil bastards. And it's safe to say that soil has been on the shelf awhile.

12. Fuck it all off, it will cause you more stress than its worth.

Do what joker865 said, i would.

13. [quote name='"Space alien"'] Second MG soil has gnats I'm still fighting the lil bastards. And it's safe to say that soil has been on the shelf awhile.[/quote]

This is my main gripe about mg quality. I believe that the poor drainage causes more problems than the nutes. I have used brands of soil with time released nutes that work much better than mg, but the consistency and drainage of the soil was much better and the soil seemed to have more peat. Mg to me has the consistency of mud mixed with tree bark. It never dries good or chokes the roots from compaction, and you end up having tons of problems and chasing symptoms that just will not get better.

14. My plan is to continue growing these until February 10th or so, then at that point if they haven't progressed any I will throw them out & start over. I'm waiting till that date, because I will have enough cash to get a good grow system going then.

Whats a pretty good setup for about $400, That will be pretty stealthy, and grow great?
    I was thinking something like this ---->
    Hydroponics Organic Grow Room
    Also my questions about high watt bulbs, how do helicopters not detect them on FLIR?

15. [quote name='"DChief420"']My plan is to continue growing these until February 10th or so, then at that point if they haven't progressed any I will throw them out & start over. I'm waiting till that date, because I will have enough cash to get a good grow system going then.

Whats a pretty good setup for about $400, That will be pretty stealthy, and grow great?
    I was thinking something like this ---->
    Hydroponics Organic Grow Room
    Also my questions about high watt bulbs, how do helicopters not detect them on FLIR?[/quote]

That isn't really too bad of a deal if the equipment is decent. What country are you in? Flir is really only used to find huge ops and labs. It is technicly against the law for police in the us to use flir on your home in order to obtain a warrant. Of coarse, not everyone plays by the rules.

Besides that, your stove puts off more heat than hid lights. Ever seen grandma kick her door kicked for cooking a roast all day, or running a space heater? If really worried vent the hot air into your attic or under the house.

16. #16 xDisciplex, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    I recommend these 2 places for seeds.I know,and trust them very well.Quality service.I guarentee.

Marijuana Seeds, Over 1,000 Marijuana Seeds

! Buy Cannabis Seeds Online - Herbies Seeds Updated:4th Jan 2013 - Cheap Marijuana Seeds UK

One specializes in selling single seeds if you want a variety,but they both have single seed sections.I usually pic whatever one has the best freebees

You need better light,but the plant seems fairly healthy otherwise.

No one likes mirical grow here for good reasons,but I did use it years ago,and it worked fine.

17. maybe it's just me but i would have a hard time to say that those are un-salvageable. i would say that you might as well hang on to them for the time being until u can improve ur set-up, see what happens, what would that hurt. try to get as much more light as you can with maybe some power bars/plug in sockets and cfl's. make sure your box is lined with mylar to reflect as much as possible. do some reading, find out what it takes for a proper setup.

as for the seed bank, ive done single mj seeds and attitude. they both have stealth shipping, but attitude give you freebies, single seeds does not. both have a great selection.

i know it isn't great soil, but i have used it for a few grows and dont have any issues with gnats. the drainage isnt great, but if you let it fully dry out between waterings you should have an issue. my guess is you overwatered. as far as over fertilizing, i do agree. makes it almost impossible to flush out with those time release nutes.

18. Yeah I'm defiantly going to take there course and see how they do until I can improve my setup. I'm thinking of using attitude seeds to buy mine from, it seems like a pretty legit site with great selection and freebies. Also my setup now consists of a reflected type mylar 4x4 box with a 12'' fan for air and two lights now but i'm looking into lights as soon as possible. just looking for ideas, I was thinking 400 watt system but was sketchy due to cops. All your input is much appreciated! :) Also these plants are mid strain like "beasters", not high strain type bud like everyone grows, so these type of plants tend to grow long, stretched, and bushy. Also about the MG I think I will be fine growing with it as long as I let it dry out before watering them again, but I used it for my plants because I used to have a garden growing watermelons, tomatoes, and many other vegetables and MG has always worked great for me. It must work bad for everyone else due to over watering and less experience with the soil, unlike I have in the past?