plants nearing harvest with little to no amber, leaves burning and shriveling+ some bud shots

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by brightgreen, Oct 2, 2013.

1. I have a slight problem with my plants. They have been in flower for about 70 days now which is their normal time frame. About a week ago i started flushing and all the leaves started turning yellow, and curling up and drying out. Few pics here

IMG_20130929_112245.jpg IMG_20130929_145810.jpg IMG_20131002_102854.jpg

The leaves are super easy to pull off. Most would fall off with a slight touch. So i went through and plucked most of them. Every pic up there besides the first one is after i went through pulling most of them. They all looked about as bad as the first pic, but that one was the worst.

This prompted me to check the trichs under a microscope. I usually dont go by trich color, but this time has me worried. I have no amber trichs. Maybe like 10%

I would really like to let them go a littke longer for some amber trichs and maybe another little push of weight, but the plants look like ttheyre dieing. I dont want any of the suger leaves or buds to get this yellowing cause that would ruin bag appeal and i wouldnt want to smoke yelllow stuff, but i want to get the best yeild and let them get as sleepy of a high as i can

Any tip welcome, thank you in advance

Here are some bud shots of a branch of nl that was getting too yellow and i just had to chop it

IMG_20130929_145753.jpg IMG_20130929_145644.jpg

Attached Files:

2. I'm no expert but from what I've always been told, leaves falling off/yellowing is normal towards the end of a grow. If you're worried about ruining your weed from letting your leaves die then I'd suggest cutting soon, Trichs do tend to amber up during drying/curing. I would by all means look for more advice though, as I said, I'm no expert. lol