Plants near judgement day?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 2Bugs, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I am nearing (atleast I think) the harvest of my plant. Id say A lot but not most of the pistols have turned brown. From What i could see with the microscope they looked still mostly clear, that could be wrong...i cant keep my hands steady to really get a good look at them.
    Anyways it just passed day 70 of 12/12 a couple days ago. Its also in a 5gal smartpot.

Any advice on when to harvest or anything to keep in mind would be great. Thanks!!

PS: just forgot to mention;;; its bagseed from what was less than desirable looking bud..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. :wave: I use to hate trichome watching but once you have seen amber trics there is no mistaking them :D. I like to chop rather late (around 25% amber) but some people like a 50/50 clear/cloudy chop.

You're doing the right thing using a scope, IMO the pistills don't tell you much.

3. Make sure to get a side view of the trichomes. It is really hard to tell if how milky they are when you are viewing them from the top.

4. Thank you wizball for the advice;;you speak the truth about amber trichromes haha.

Marsdude;; one minute while I go walk around the house to make sure your not hiding somewhere! I have been only attempting to check the top,, thanks for the tip.
    Gotta check them trichromes!

5. Beautiful, man...just beautiful! I wonder if mine will ever get to that point.

6. Hey hows it going man! Thanks! How are your plants looking? Did you ever find a final spot in the ground for'em. They was looking good last time I saw them! Funny story about the neighbor to man;;but be careful though, people talk a lot. Good luck with the ladies!

7. Niiice. This makes me wana go shake my plants and scream hurrry up

8. Fuuuuck dude. That is some impressive work my friend! I just wanted to chime in cuz I have a good link in my sig about trichomes with pictures n such so you know what you're looking for. Check it out!

9. I do mine when they look like this.

and great job!

10. Thanks for all the compliments and advice. Ill definitely keep checking the trichomes.
    Im quite surprised at the results myself. Dont be fooled though. The other plant you can barely see in some of the pictures was quite a hideous site. I predict it will yeild 5 grams of bud and a lot of seeds. Even the plant pictured got seeds somehow...

Its kinda funny;;i cant emphasize how shitty the bud was the seed came from. But if it goes good this smoke has to be way better. First home grown stuff!

11. Looking great!! What strain is that??

12. #12 Jörmungandr, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
    :rolleyes:I love the brand loyalty being developed by home growers; having been on the low end of the food chain all my life, I can't honestly buy into doing anything more than a bagseed grow. I've asked in another thread where one might get their weed tested for potency to compare it with the claims of known strains only to be met with sarcastic comments like smoke it. Until I can see some proof that my dirtweed can't produce the same quality buds and buzz of the storebought variety I'll remain a skeptic. I mean no disrespect to others who have found a certain strain that suits them; I've just not dialed in my tastebuds well enough to judge. Perhaps if I had more experience with some of the fancy stuff I would be more likely to convert. Yours look like they will give you something to take the edge off even the most trying day, keep up the good work.:D