Plants+molasses+ona=#2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by herban, Jul 22, 2011.

1. I have 3 & 1/2 plants 5wks into flowering currently in my closet. I've been using a water/molasses mix to feed them. I recently put some ona gel(not to be taken internally) in the grow space & thruout my apartment; I'm finding the combination of the flowering plants, molasses water mix, & ona gel smelling very similar to dookie. Has anyone else expierienced this? I'm a little thrown by it. Here's some pics of the grow just to spice this up some. Any comments-I'll take them.

Attached Files:

2. I'm using the DIY ONA bucket and I really like the smell. I'm not too far into flowering at the moment and I'm also using molasses, but I don't think the molasses has caused any odor. I would move the ONA out of the grow space or set it in an open container in front of your exhaust fan if you can. Maybe the lights are heating up the ONA too much causing it to "cook"?

I am not too impressed with the odor neutralization of ONA. The scent is great but after a couple days the skunk smell seems to penetrate through and I have to reload my ONA bucket. It's better than nothing though.

3. #3 herban, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Good idea thanks! Does the ona bucket use the ona gel or something else? This is what I got-

Attached Files:

4. #4 arciem, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    That's what I'm using. I mixed it with some soil moist to make it last a bit longer. My buddy has the liquid in his and it works the same. I've been using this stuff all over my apartment, near the kitty litter, bathrooms, and near dirty clothes hampers. I just wish the actual odor killing part lasted a bit longer but the scent great.

Edit: Great looking girls btw! :smoke:

5. Hey thanks! Yours look great too. I guess this is how being a dad must feel. But nstead of kids I have pics of my plants in my wallet. :smoking: