Plant's leaf tips turning red, orange or brown (pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by francisk, Jan 29, 2013.

1. howdy guys,

this is my first outdoor grow in Australia. it is currently in the middle of summer here and has had perfect temp for growing. the plant is in its flowering stage which started around 12 weeks in. i have been giving the plant liquid fert once a week.

the plant is around 15 weeks old and was in October. since planting it i have had it in two locations, in my backyard for about 13 weeks and just recently on a private farm property.

since moving it to the farm after around a week i noticed the lowers leaves on the plant turning yellow and dying but more recently the tips of a selection of leaves on the plants changing colour and not feeling healthy, more dry. the colour would sometimes be red, brown, dark maroon and yellow. some of the white "hairs" have started turning redish to recently.

not sure if this could be caused by stress or the whether (as it has been fairly hot around 42C (107F) for some time but has recently dropped and become colder)

any advice is greatly appreciated :) cheers!

Photo 12-01-13 9 37 38 AM.jpg

Photo 14-01-13 1 26 33 PM.jpg

Photo 14-01-13 1 32 12 PM.jpg

More recent photos:

Photo 29-01-13 11 22 29 AM.jpg

Photo 29-01-13 11 23 11 AM.jpg

2. Mother fucking christmas tree is that by chance cotton candy strain

3. Not sure on the strain sorry just chucked a seed i got given in a pot, wasn't expecting it to last this long or get this big!

4. What are you giving it for nutes and whats your PH run off since your growing in a pot? Since your growing outside I would have grown in the ground. Some good potting soil with some ammendments and some organic nutes and you wouldnt have to worry about PH. Nute burn will start at the leaf tips and work its way in.

5. What liquid fert have you been giving it? You shoudn't have to be giving it fert that often IMO. Once every couple of weeks, at most.
    The leaves look super dark to me, as if its got too much nitrogen in the soil (probably from the fert)
    Nutrient Burn | Grow Weed Easy

6. Cheers for the info!! I reckon ill skip giving the plant fert for a week or two and see if it improves from that. Will update