Plants Growing Way Too Slow!!! 2-3 inches in 4 weeks!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GreenGoblin86, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I just got my medical card and started growing some plants in a 25 sq ft area in my garage. I have a great setup... a Raptor Hood w/ full color spectrum 1000W HPS bulb, big 10 inch cooling fan, several ventilation fans, good drainage, etc.

4 weeks ago I germinated some supposedly great seeds I bought from Amsterdam, and planted them in little 6 inch high pots w/ a 1/2 planter mix 1/2 top soil combo meant for vegetable growing. They all sprouted and I have been watering them w/ nothing but arrowhead spring water every 3-4 days (I wait until the top gets a little crusty). The light is set on a timer to be on for 20 hrs (from 6pm-2pm). I chose that time because it's winter and I didn't want them to be w/o light/warmth @ night (been getting into the 40s).

They seem to be doing/looking well but are very small... only 2-3 inches w/ 2 sets of leaves. Most of that happened in the 1st 2 weeks while the past 2 haven't really been too exciting.

Anyone now what the problem could be? Is there some booster nutrient I should be throwing in there or is it just going so slow because it's winter? I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks!

2. I wouldn't add any nutes. But your lights are on 2 hours longer than usual especially for seedlings. Try getting a small heater and have it set for 6 hours on low.

3. I actually had it on for 18 hrs/day the 1st week but changed it to 20 for the added warmth... probably dumb idea huh? should I swap it back? or will that just stress them even more?

4. Sometimes seedlings take pause in growth while they establish their roots, then they will grow above ground more quickly.

5. some times it just takes patients next thing you know you will be smoking the last bud and prepping your next grow :smoke:

6. They could be root bound. Without pictures it is hard to tell. Are there roots sprouting out the bottom of the pots? What color are the leaves. Pictures would really help.

7. The roots are not sprouting out of the bottom of the pots yet... when I transplanted them to 5 gallon pots a week and a half ago they were about ~4 inches deep. Most of the leaves are looking bleached out... kinda yellow-green. I'm thinking the soil may be too dense?? because a few days ago I transplanted one into a different more expensive, and more airy soil and now that plant is the biggest out of the group and is starting to turn a deeper green.

8. Try using a space heater plugged into a timer so it only turns on during lights off. Maybe your temps are too cold during lights off, and when lights come back on it takes a few hous for the plant to warm up.