Plants growing too tall (Pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by viperZ, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Hey guys, never thought I'd have to complain about my plants getting too big, but I do. A little background. This is a first time grow and they are under 2 600 w HPS bulbs at 12/12 cycle. They are 3 weeks into flowering and have grown like crazy! I started flowering when they were roughly 1 month old (2 ft tall) and was anticipating a doubling in size. Well since they started flowering these things have grown incredibly and some are right at 6 ft. Problem is that the main cola on about 4 ladies has grown right past the light! (see pic) I have been LST'ing the best I can to try to get as much down and under the light as possible. I have a few questions. Will these plants be able to finish a healthy flowering cycle above the light? I realize that I will lose yeild on the main cola but will the top of the plant still survive receiving very little light? Will they be ok above the light? Thanks for any input on my situation. Here is a pic of my situation. Also, the top of the plant looks to have a nitrogen "claw" any confirmation or other ideas on this?

[​IMG]

2. your def out of room. bend them shoots over and get them back under the light.

the claw looks like to much N as you stated. flush if in soil or dump rez and refill if in hydro.

sativa looking bitches. they stretch like a mofo,

linedrivr

3. Hey man, thanks for the reply. Yea that's what I've been doing and going to keep at it I guess. One more question. Are there any other bad side effects of this, other than losing overall yeild? Thanks again

4. Any other bad side effects other than the plant dying and having zero yield? No....that would about sum it up.

LST brother....LST!