Plants Growing Super Slow!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Silent Bob_, Jun 17, 2010.

1. #1 Silent Bob_, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
    I planted the following seeds in plastic cups around May 20 (I know it was a little late) after germing and thery were put under humidity domes and brought inside at night (Growing Outside) until each sprouted:
    1 Serious Seeds White Russian
    1 Barney's Farm LSD
    1 Green House Seeds Super Lemon Haze
    1 Barneys Farm G13 Haze
    1 Barneys Farm Violator Kush
    1 Green House Seeds Bubba Kush
    1 Green House Seeds The Church
    I am in Southern Cali and while we've had some cloudy days, I don't think my plants should be growing as slowly as they have been. BTW the sun has been out alot more lately. The farthest along is the White Russian which has it's cotylodons (idk how you spell it), its first set of single pointed true leaves, its second set with 3 points, and is in the middle of its 3rd true set. There was an issue a week ago with the ph but I fixed that quickly with some lemon juice in water (worked great suprisingly!). After the roots started barely coming out the bottom holes of the cups (like 1 week ago) I transplanted into what used to be a vegetable garden. They are now getting like 8-9 hours of direct light a day and there have been no bugs besides a VERY persistent spider and a VERY persistent butterfly (not caterpillar). If you sniff the plants directly (getting on hands and knees) they have that weed smell, but I'm worried they'll be too small. Am I overreacting and if not what can I do?:confused::(:confused::(:confused::(
    Thanks Guys!

2. Hey, im in indiana and we have been having cloudy days as well...Mine are growing slow too. I have read that outdoors plants will take longer to grow and grow slower, but the yeild "should" be a little higher...I think its because some people have their lights on indoors more than 15 hours a day which is about the most sunlight in any one day outdoors..I wouldnt worry unless they are incredible small. i can give u a picture of some of mine, but mine are about 12"-18" with about 5 sets of leaves...
    Give them more nutrients as well, if you are only using water
    GL

3. 12-18 wow! No mine are like 4-5 inches tall at most. And aren't nutes dangerous when they're this small? I don't want nute burn.

4. #4 gre123123, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
    oh, i see. Dont nute them quite yet, but just try to get alot of light, and not alot of water...Should start to shoot up a little and then you can nute. How long has it been, 4-5 inches is normally about the first 10 days...that would be about normal. dont worry they shouldnt smell strong yet. and also just try to leave them in a spot with more than a few hours of sun a day. I left mine on a flat concrete patio ground with no obstacles blocking the sun for example. goodluck!

5. outside takes a while to grow my man inside is about 3x faster :)

6. actually I think they just started shooting up. I didn't check them at all yesterday and today they each have like 4 more leaves.

7. yeah dont give em nutes... what soil are you using? other than that, just be patient. its frustrating when they're sproutlings because they're so small, but the bigger they get, the faster they grow. keep giving em love!