plants growing slow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by acura2012, Apr 8, 2013.

1. I have four plants growing the big one is 26 days old the next bigger one is 20 days old and then the next is 19 and the other is 18 but they're all really small. Am I doing something wrong they're bad seed. They're in a grow box hydroponic 5000k and one 6000k bulb. 63 at night humidity at night is 68% and day its 81 and 44% humidity
    1/8 strength nutes every three days added to the basin that was all water from a Brita pitcher and pH is between 5.5 and 6.0

Attached Files:

2. #2 SupaaBaked, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
    How many lights, how many watts and how far away? The back left one in the first pic looks a little stretched also have you been feeding it any nutes? You also need to make the holes that have no plants in them lightproof because if its been like that the whole time you've been growing id say you have algae due to light leaks in the tote which is your slow growth problem. Have you changed your rez? Look at the roots on the plants. If their not white then thats it.

3. No problems with the roots and the lights are about 15 inches away and maybe 125 watts yea 1/8 strength nutes and I change the water every two weeks and I think that one stretched too

4. What kind of light is it. That could make all the difference and also you need way way more watts for that many plants or your in for a huge disappointment. If their 1 month from sprout then you should be feeding at 1/4 str at least. Also a lot of growers recommend you change your rez once a week.

5. tips looking burnt. y are u adding nutes to res? could be lockout. mix nutes then add at res change.

6. #6 MandalaSmoker, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
    How should you do it then?

I empty and clean my res.Then put fresh water in it.After that I add nutrients once I make sure ph isnt above 7 because Ive read on a hydroponic garden furom that higher ph above 7 may cause nutreints not to mix properly or something along those lines.

Edit:Im not sure why the slow growth is taking place.If you look at some threads with the same problem as you it will probably help though.Just use the search and narrow it down to slow growth and only search in the hydroponic section first to see what you may find.

7. ph balance your nute mix to around 5.8. then fill res. 6.5max. 7 way too high. adding nutes to a res can cause lockout because nutes may not mix into res water well.

8. I see what you mean.

9. Sounds like a lot of good advice but what about the nutes if the plant use more than I put in but its not time to change the water

10. just wait till res change or do a res change. always start with freshly mixed nutes, imo.

11. OK I'll give that a shot hopefully I don't mess this up