? plants growing seeds and bud size

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by theBeesFamily, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Clive had a plant that hermied in his grow room and pollinated another plant last harvest, the plant that hermied had big nice buds but the plant that got pollinated and grew seeds had small wispy airy buds.. is this because the plant spent its energy making seeds instead of buds? or just genetic? he is growing the same strain again and wants to make sure he will have nice sized buds.
    thanks guys.

2. Most likely . What kind of setup was it under while flowering? :3

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. On genetics iv had doodoo shwagg turn in to a nice female as long as it doesn't herm (from stress or what ever the matter) or get pollinated it should turn out better ,also depending on the setup and nutes.

4. Shouldn't those seeds be feminized ones since the hermie pollinated it??

5. is that how it works? if a hermie pollinates a plant all the seeds are female? that would be so cool

6. air cooled 1000 watt HPS, air conditioned room, 73-77 F.. totally organic

7. the hermie was a Durban Poison and it was explained that since the strain is pure and only inbred it is natural for a self pollination to occur from time to time

8. Yes the plant puts its energy into seeds once its been pollinated . Buds suffer . Potency suffers .
    I No the seeds from the will not be
    I copied this
    Seed banks use Colloidal Silver because each generation using a hermie to pollinate increases the strength of the gene to hermie....its like a family who has an autoimmune disease. just because a person does not display the symptoms does not make them a non-carrier
    It is not a 'female' just because it starts as such...it has a gene precursor which can turn the plant at anytime into a hermie when stressed or even just decide at any point if the seed stock is weakened enough. Super cropping, over pruning, lights fluctuations, heat issues, or even under-watering can make the 'autoimmune' gene trigger. I know my stuff being a biologist who majors in genetics. It is like 7th grade Punnet Squares everyone does when studying Darwin and how he derived at he theory of evolution

9. Ok, but
    1. the plant didn't hermie because of stress ( not that you implied that it did )
    2. the plant had been inbred since the early 70's, and because of that is self pollinated, it did not grow one seed..
    there for i do not think that it was actually a hermie, and seeing as how its instinctual action (self pollination) was fulfilled through the pollination and passion on its genes- i think that genetically, the next generation will know and will not attempt a self pollination. ( plants are smart )

10. i think that it is actually a different situation entirely because that strain has been known to do that, and it was not actually a stress or some sort of hermaphroditism. but i could be totally wrong

11. 1) How do you know why it hermied . ?
    2) Breeding means producing offspring ..how can it breed and not produce a seed ?
    "and because of that is self pollinated, it did not grow one seed " Pollinted means its going to have offspring , cannabis offspring is SEEDS
    " i think that genetically, the next generation will know and will not attempt a self pollination. ( plants are smart )[/QUOTE].... JUST because you think it doesn't make it true
    you know nothing of genetics
    Seeds from hermie weed is more likely to have hermie offspring and the longer it keeps going generation after generation the hermienism gets worse till all offspring are hermied as the trait is passed on its called self preservation of the species

12. .... JUST because you think it doesn't make it true
    you know nothing of genetics
    Seeds from hermie weed is more likely to have hermie offspring and the longer it keeps going generation after generation the hermienism gets worse till all offspring are hermied as the trait is passed on its called self preservation of the species[/QUOTE]
    look , man a hermaphrodite is a plant with both buds and seeds, a self pollinated plant is a plant that grew male pollen flowers, i know alot about genetics, i have a son, i also have parents and grandparents, this is a discussion about cannabis and i would rather discuss the question intellegently than clash over who is more educated. im sure your right- if the plant pollinated it self, then its offspring may aswell, or at least be more prone. Clive did how ever harvest alittle more than 10 ounces from the plant that self polinated and Clive did not find one seed at all. though the plant next to it of a different strain was totally seeded.

13. this has gotten off topic, might as well end it here, my question was answered long ago