plants getting too tall?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by silentassault, Mar 5, 2006.

1. i just moved my two plants into there new home which is a closet about 2.5x6x2 and its a tight fit. they were used to a bigger closet so they are a little cramped but the real problem is that i cannot raise the light any higher and the tops of the plants are starting to get burned, what can i do to stop them from growing taller? they are about 3.5 feet right now and 8 days into flowering, is it too later to do anything? thanks.
    SA

2. Next time try some LST, topping or putting it into flower earlier.

3. ya u needed to put them into flower much earlier cant u just put them back into the bigger box...

-it would make this ALOT easier if u posted pix of what ur working with to tell u something

4. this is my frist grow so im still tryin to figure things out, the plants are actually closer to 2.5 feet but the bubbler bucket accounts for the other foot. i put them into flower around 13 inches but they shot up in the last week. i can't move them back into the ther closet because its being used by my roomate and he needs that space. the next go around ill try some different things but for right now will they stop on their own or will they just grow into the light and burn up? is there anything i can do at all or is there no hope? thanks again.

5. as for the pics i don't have a camera but ill see if one of my buddies can come take some and post them on here.

6. Well if your plants are at about 2 and a half feet now and you started at about one you might be ok as far as further growth is concerned. As a rule of thumb all ways expect a plant to tripple in size during flowering. Some grow less but few grow more then that, I prefer to air on the side of caution.

If your really worried about your plants geting burnt you could tie the branches down a little bit. Should give you the extra room you need. Becarefull not to bend them to much as they may break.

7. alright, ill try to tie them down and see how that works out. thanks for the help