Plants getting eaten. Help.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by cityboy2, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Background info.. Growing a few different autos this year in a temporary greenhouse/outdoors. Trying to keep it as organic and nute free as possible. Just let them grow kinda thing. Feeding with compost tea and molasses.

Anyone have and good ideas for a non harmful way to get rid of pests? I won't spray chemicals as they are starting to bud now.

Thanks GC

2. Yes use neam oil in the evening spray your plant with it, don't use it anytime but the evening

3. Really? Just read to spray it during the day and not during the evening due to a chance of mold forming over night.

4. mold doesn't form over night esp. not on leaves

5. Will it get rid of mutant grasshoppers? Last night, a monster sized grasshopper ate almost one whole sprout before my husband caught it and killed it. I've also read that Dawn dishwashing liquid mixed with plain water, sprayed on the plants will keep certain pests away. How about grasshoppers? I'm really pissed off at grasshoppers right now. Can ya tell? :p

6. Neem is a fungicide, thats actually the exact reason most people use it at night.

7. Hire a guard dog :)

8. Hell yeah neem oil does the trick. Don't even bother on anything else.

9. The reason is if it's exposed to sunlight directly after use it will burn the plant

10. Neem oil should work :smoke:

11. Doing to how liquid detergent burned my girls. Organic for me.

12. pfff no man it's used at night because it breaks down in the sun and can burn your plants. Mold forms in the later season. Use 10% milk or baking soda against powdery mildew.

for grasshoppers use self rising flower

for other insects use chilis (boil a few cups for 30 mins in a gallon of water)

for guerilla grows, i use pyrethrin

13. Neem Oil as a Fungicide | eHow.com

What are you talking about? Of course there are other types of fungicide, and no one single fungicide will kill all molds attacking your plants. But neem is a fungicide and I've already killed off some white powdery mold using it. Mold definitely forms at all times throughout the season, but its not as dangerous until buds are forming.

Switching on and off between Neem and a baking soda soap has kept every type of mold at bay so far.

14. I sense sarcasm :rolleyes: