Plants flopped over but leaves face upwards. Help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Retroaraptor5, Aug 24, 2018.

1. My plant has been growing for about a week and a half now and suddenly the stem flopped over at the base but the leaves still face the sun i.e. upwards.

Attached Files:

2. That poor plant it looks like its in concrete. U need to start doing some reading,.

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. It isnt concrete its soil thats a little bit wet

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ok well recommend u change soil. It looks like concrete. . should never look like that . u need better soil .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I mean is that why the plant flopped over? Or maybe is it like a sunlight thing?

6. I mean is that why the plant flopped over? Or maybe is it like a sunlight thing?

7. She flopped,over because she couldn't root right, tight soil will do that .

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. #8 Didactylos, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Agree with daggersstrain. There's a lot of good tutorials here listed in forums, and there's lots of websites that will explain basic growing techniques and strategies. Growweedeasy and ilgm (stands for I love growing marijuana) have good overviews of indoor and outdoor cannabis growing techniques. For right now I'd transplant the sprout into a large Dixie cup or small pot with holes in the bottom. I'd use peat moss or coco coir for soil, because it's easy on seedlings. I'd bury part of the stem along with the roots to take care of that early lankiness. Then once the plant had really taken (ie, showing at least 3-6 sets of leaves) I'd replant it in a prepared bed (if growing outdoors) or into a larger pot (if growing indoors.)

Of course, this is just rudimentary stuff, and you shouldn't just take my word for it. Do some reading so you can develop strategies that work best for you and your plant.

Good luck :)

9. I'm doing my first run ever and documenting every step in my growing journal here, but I would literally have freaked out if even one of my plants looked like that after they germinated. Poor thing.

• Like Like x 3

10. You need to get that plant into some Seedling soil A.S.A.P And plant her deep about 1/2 inch to 1 inch from the top of the plant

11. That thing ain’t making it do ur homework that looks like clay/mud. Roots need light soil to breath and grow.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Get some potting soil with perilite in it. Transplant to it and Dig the hole deep enough that you can put the plant far enough down that the bottoms leaves are about an inch or so out of the soil. gently fill the dirt in around it. water it and relax. My shiskaberry did the samething when it first sprouted and i fixed it by burying it like i explained here. it turned in to a healthy plant.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alright i ploughed the soil and replanted the plant until the first leaf set. Is there anything else i need to do?

14. Just curious, what part of the world are you in?
    Northern hemisphere it's very late to be starting seeds outside.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. @thebombhaha. Why is my comment funny? I speak the truth.
    Cannabis is an annual. It is not frost tolerant. Northern hemisphere plants started in the spring are already well into flower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. It just sounded like you were making fun of his soil/mix lol, my bad.

17. Yeah, OP needs to pick up a book on growing cannabis. But we all start somewhere. Knowledge is everything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I live in india and to be honest i just threw the seeds into the soil from my balcony, but now since an actual plant came im trying to make it live.

19. Plant Lives Matter

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Yup still on my first full season and I still read everyday.

• Winner Winner x 1