plants dying....why me?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Evan, Dec 16, 2005.

1. my small baby plants had two pre-leaves and i just recently brought the light closer to the plants and now they suddenly shrivled up and died...why is this??

2. what kind of light, soil or hydro, more info is needed

3. i have the same question my plants are in soil and i am pretty sure it is a 1000watt hps about 3ft away from the plant they are little cups right now and it gets pretty hot in my closet i think it is from the heat??? or is the light too close?

4. Sprouts are fragile, a 1000 watt is abit too much....the best bet is to use a floro or something not as strong for a week or week and a half in veg....personally I use a 400 watt and it sorta damaged them a tiny bit but I didnt have anything else so I kept it 4 feet up.

The heat should be around 70 degrees F , you can go higher but again, sprouts are fragile. hold your hand about a foot above the sprouts, if its hot then raise the light, the light can go much closer once your plant is a little bigger, just make sure your hand never gets hot enough where you cant hold it at the top of your plant for awhile, keep in mind that heat is constantly on your plant all day.

5. I have clones not seeds and they are about 1ft or so tall but i left on my light last night woke up and the plants were dry and some of the leaves were dead I can olny use the 1000 watt I have nothing else so maybe i will go buy another fan and lower the plants from the light?

6. Someone can correct me if im wrong but clones are much more fragile then regular plants.

Id say if you have no other option, keep that light at the very top of your grow room/ box. I had heat issues on my grow even with a fan blowing air out at top and a fan blowing on plants, im sure a 1000 watt vs my 400 is alot hotter.

If your box/room is too hot id say leave it open if you dont have a good ventilization system, I leave my door open all day since I have something blocking the light from the window and my door.

7. this is going to seem very noob (which i am) but what exactly are clones? and how do you get them?

8. omg.....omg....... hahaha i'm sorry but thats kinda funny.........maybe cause i'm really high........ haha ok sorry.... clones are cuttings that you take from a mother plant....put them in rooting hormone and then plant it and hop it grows roots and becomes its own plant.....makes since yes?

9. ive been wanting to try cloning but i cant find the hormone :( how gay, i wish there were some gardening stores around here, alls i got is a k-mart and its gardening section scucks big big balls... :(

10. Correction, clones are much stronger than seedlings, his problem is simply too hot in his growbox and or using tap water without checking the PH.

11. I use Clonex, check ebay, its by far the best rooting hormone i have ever used, so far i have yet to have one cutting fail to grow roots with it.

12. thanks a bunch man, good lookin out... imma get some asap

13. imagine waking up in the morning and me throwing a bucket of water at you while opening up the curtains to the sunniest day of the year

your eyes would sting.

You done that, you moved the lamp you said, so you affected its environment and it didnt like it.

14. +rep for a good ass analogy

15. I've seen rooting horomone at home depot. It may be at Lowe's, too.