Plants dying/stopped growing

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Boner jams3, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Okay hey guys.. I'm on my first grow (indoor) and my plants were growing really fast.. for about 8 days.. Then all of a sudden they stopped growing and I water them every two days.. so anyways they stop growing and are starting to droop... Any ideas what the problem could be?

2. Oh and if it helps I just use regular potting soil with some crushed egg shells in there

3. lol boner jams.

but anyways, what is considered normal soil to you?

do you test your ph.

what kind of light?

any nutes?

if theres anything you cant answer just say it.

4. Pics help too. If you're going from seed, you probably shouldn't be watering every two days, unless you're in peat pods, or at retarded high temps in small pots.

5. Could be a list of problems, ph levels, temperature, humidity, overwatering, hard packed soil, etc. We need more info to diagnose their problems...GC is like a clinic for sick plants, we can't tell you what to do unless you tell us what's going on.

6. Droopy leaves can be from over and under watering.....Need some pis's and a more info to really diagnoise...

7. I'd say if they are droopy that you are over watering them which could be causing root rot. Water and then don't water again until you pic up the cup and the cup is significantly light or by sticking your finger 3 inches in the soil. If that top part is dry it is time to water..

8. do they need feeding bro

9. Every 2 days????

Serious overwatering.

Wet

10. #10 Boner jams3, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010
    Okay well they totally just died completely today.. Uhm I was using miracle grow, and they were receiving natural sunlight sitting on a windowsill. I don't test my ph either.. And no nutrients either..

11. Take some time and actually read through this forum Absolute Beginners - Grasscity.com Forums

A plant sitting in a window is not receiving anywhere near the correct amount of light, the watering every two days is likely what killed it, you may have created a big root rot problem for yourself. Also if you're just using any ol miracle grow nute pack,well you weren't doing yourself any favors. A ph meter isn't 100% necessary if you're not getting too serious about growing, though I would highly recommend picking one up. Yes it's a weed and can take a lot of abuse, but you need to know a few basics before you just jump in.

Pick up something like Amazon.com: Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible (9781878823236): Jorge Cervantes: Books and read it a few times front to back, just keep on trying.

12. Okay thanks a million man.. Very insightful I'll keep all of that in mind for my next grow ;)