Plants dying....please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GeoLaRue, May 19, 2009.

1. #1 GeoLaRue, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
    Another noob killing his plants. Plants are 2 months old, were fine 2 days ago now they are dying. We scaled back the nutes but see no improvment. This is my first grow and i really want to know wtf im doing wrong. The sick girl is on the right.[​IMG]

2. you used too mant nuts., and it locked the nuts. out. nutrient lock-out. you can leech it or try running plain water w/1/4 teaspoon of ferts. per gallon of water for a few days. then try a ph buffered nut. like supernatural brand at half strength.

3. Thanks, my friend. I flushed the hydro grow box last night, and the girls look worse, but that could be root shock. I'll try your advice and pray to Gaia... I'll post the results tomorrow. Wish me luck. Next grow will be in dirt--Hydro is a major pain...

4. My girls are looking really bad now. I gave them pure water this feeding, but it looks like they're all gonna go... I'm going to try cloning a few branches. Wish me Luck!

5. damn man what the hell happened? the others are dying too? they looked in fine health. wtf is wrong? sorry i cant help but im sure you could do with the bump. lol :/

6. Yeah... It's my first time with hydro, and I did something very wrong--I just wish I knew what it was. Tomorrow I'm going to try cloning the survivors in dirt. I'll post pix of the new girls. Anyone have advice on cloning? Thanks in advance.

7. that does not look like Nute lockout. Your plant would still be firm , yours looks like it is dying , not deficient as stated earlier. Only a few things can cause your stems to loose firmness like that. Dying roots from unmixed nutes , overwatering, underwatering and flushing causeing more overwatering. Now looking at hydroton I dont think you could have overwatered it , unless there is some rockwool in thoses pots , then it's a definite possibility.

Odd how it started on 1 plant , then you added more water and shortly after the others followed.

8. #9 GeoLaRue, May 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
    I started growing 6 plants of la fruit de fondue (forbidden fruit) strain in a small hydroponic unit about two and a half months ago. I'm using Flora Nova Grow Formula for nutes at about 10 ml per gallon of distilled water, and they're going through half a gallon a day. They're kept in a mylar-lined closet with a 6-bulb lighting unit running 6, 100-watt, CF swirly bulbs, and 3, long-bulb, fluorescent units standing up for side lighting.

The girls grew like gangbusters for two months (with a few scares) and then they started dying. The leaves curled under on their edges, dried and turned dark brown. I'm pretty sure I've discovered the cause--mold! I pulled two dead plants out of the clay pellets and there was mold in the rock wool:

[​IMG]

How can I kill the mold without killing my Girls?

I have 3 girls left: one is doing badly--almost all of her leaves are shriveled but still green--I have hope for her; the others are still growing, but they are showing signs of mold infection.

[​IMG]

I've heard that a couple of drops of clorox into a half gallon of water will kill the mold, but I'm afraid it'll kill my girls also. I'm planning to go to bloom phase soon, and I have ultimate faith that the collective wisdom of The Grasscity Forum will save my girls. Thank you,
    George

9. The last pic in my previous post was taken night before last. Here's how she looks tonight:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here she is next to her healthy sister:

[​IMG]

I'm keeping the hydro unit in a little isolation grow chamber, so taking pix is tricky. Here's my best pic of the healthiest sister:

[​IMG]

I took these in darkness using a flashlight and the camera flash. I tried a top-down shot but it wasn't workable.

Thanks,
    George

10. Those pics don't look like the other one. That one looks like its been overdosed on nutes.