Plants dropping every night 1.5 hrs before lights out and propped up 1ish hours before lights on

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Newbie al, Aug 16, 2019.

1. So every night about 1 or 2 hours before my lights go out 3 of my gorilla glue 4 start to droop,the king tutt doesnt do this and everything ph ppm nutes are the same...also I checked this morning a hour before lights on and they wernt droopy at all..actually opposite they were standing up as if the lights were on??? I'm a first time indoor grower with 10 years outdoor growing so this is new to me...the plants are all healthy and look good when not dropping lol ...thanks in advance...and I have pics of the room and a pic of them 1 hour and 20 mins before lights go out
    Soil ph 6.7
    Ph 5.9_6.4 for water or food
    Ppm 700 week 3 veg
    315 watt cmh 250 watt mh in a 2x5x7 closet scrog grow
    Advanced nutrients 1/2 strength full line up
    Temps are 76-79
    R.h is around 48%
    60/40 peat coco mix with soil activator and mycoryzae and a bag of perlite thrown in as well
    Growing in 5 gal and 7 gal fabric pots
    Growing 3 gorilla glue 4 and 1 kind tutt
    Lights are 30" away from canopy,leaf temps are fine.(checked with thermo gun)
    17on 7 off as I have neighbors really close by.
    Air cond in and exhaust fan out with charcole filter hooked to a thermostat and voltage regulator for ex fan as cfm was too much for my small of a room
    I have air pots or air domes some people call them under my soil mix for air to the root system and clay pellets for drainage
    Fans blowing but not overly blowing
    No bugs or deficiencies

So why are my plants dropping before lights out??? Please help 20190813_220405.jpg 20190813_220409.jpg 20190813_220422.jpg 20190813_220424.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It's completely normal, everyone gets this. Nothing to be concerned about. They're just anticipating their night time

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I think we covered this in my thread that had nothing to do with this topic.....I worry lol.thanks for the reply again gold member I've been trying everything to figure out what I was doing wrong but nothing worked... so there like senior citizens eh?...they fall asleep early with the lights on and wake up early cause they fell asleep early the night before???? Lol . I heard some strains just grow droopy like jack herer? Is this true? All my outdoor grows I've never seen this and I've been in the woods late at night many times...

4. it's normal, i've had some of my plants do the same. I've actually read about this also. Sees some plants get somewhat trained but their lighting schedule and begin to anticipate the coming darkness. they are just getting into bedtime mode. :)

I saw this when I ran my autos on a 18/6 schedule. once I switched to 24/0 schedule it doesn't happen anymore. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You 2 are posting exactly what I want to hear...I've read about it and mentioned it in my other post about something else and all seems to lead to what you and gold member and phenomorph on the other newbie thread...thanks for your reply but I got 1 question for ya.

Did you keep the autos on 24/0? Or was it just to test that theory? And would a auto flower on a 24 hour light cycle where theres no photosynthesis or where there autos does that matter?

Also when I switch to 12/12 will they continue to do this and if so is it considered stress to the plant? As my gorilla glue 4 are as you may know gorilla glue was a mistake genetic made from a hermie so when there under stress during bloom they are more prone to hermie compared to most other strains....true facts look it up...I guess I'm gonna find out as I'm flipping them in 2 or 3 weeks..

6. i keep my auto's on 24/0 all the time as my regular way of growing them. auto's want need a dark period to flower so the constant light just gives them more hours of light for growth and its has the added benefit of eliminating the typical lights-off temp drop in the grow space so my temps stay more constant.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ok I was under the impression that night temps were supposed to go down at night as this is what a plant would normally be accustomed to...I've been running my ex fans and a_c 15 mins longer than my lights cycle for that specific reason???? I'm probably wrong as growing outdoors is totally different???

8. outdoors is a 1000% different. I've never grown cannabis outside but I've grown a lot of veggies both ways and even cuttings/clones from the same tomato plant grows DRASTICALLY different.
    The total environment inside is different. if possible constant temps are going to be preferable. there is always some temp fluctuations anyway. even with lights on 24/0 the temps in my tent still vary within an almost 10f range just because of the change of ambient temps in the room the tent is in. as the house ac kicks on or off, etc. I wouldn't do anything to deliberately reduce temps at lights off time and sure wouldn't spend money to run an a/c unit to reduce temps at lights off. if you really want to get rid of your money, don't give it to the electric company, i'll take it!

9. I have to run ac all day as my room is 2x5x7 and running 565 watts of light the exhaust fan dont cut it unless I like my temps in the low 90s lol if I shut the ac off at lights out my temps will now be within 3 degrees farenheit 24/7.....76-79 all day and all night with the ac ex fan voltage regulator for the ex fan and thermostat not a problem my man and thanks for the info I'll shut that bitch down when the lights go out starting tomorrow night

10. Throw a big wet towel and a decent fan in there . you're hunidity is way to low. When it gets close to 65 or so u will see a defference in growth period. The hunidity makes a big difference . your plants should be praying daily. I have to do the same thing or immedietly my plants start to droop around 45 percent hunidity, since u mentioned u grow outside . I do also . so u know the higher temps they can handle . my hunidity is usually 70 percent and 86 degrees . till winter hits any way. Buy a fan controller it will help also. This is not an opinion lol it's just a solid fact. Here's mine [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

11. Fan controller as in voltage regulator or?

12. Wow..I'd end up with bugs,mildew and mould if I run mine at that temp and relative humidity...my king tutt doesnt do it my Bruce banner isnt doing it nor is my blueberry just the gorilla glue there droopy 1 hour before lights out and reaching for the sky 1 hour before lights on. but thanks for your input..

13. They look really good man.nice job.

14. Did some more lst on the king tutt...everything seems to be going almost too well,,I can feel something is gonna fuck up on me it always does..pretty happy with this first attempt at indoor growing...the seedlings are doing really well considering I've never tried hydro before and diddmt think the seedlings were even going to survive the first few days...here they are both 6 days old but were stressed and diddmt grow at all for 2 days..... 20190816_104411.jpg 20190814_122906.jpg 20190814_122855.jpg

15. Yeah I've always had plants do this, I've never heard of Jack H being droopy all the time though. I grew it once but it was like 15 years ago so can't remember if it was or not

When you keep them on 24/0 there is constant photosynthesis all day every day as the lights are never turned off. I also grow autos and veg photos on 24/0

Yeah I have a gorilla Glue that grows male flowers at any hint of light getting in it's dark period. But autos won't be affected by any changes in light cycle

No, there is no need to change temperature, in fact the more constant the better, large fluctuations of anything is rarely desirable. Many people run their lights at night and have them off in the day so their temperature is more constant. I've never heard anyone turn their fans off though, I don't think that's a good idea. When the lights are off the temperature lowers causing humidity to rise so you want the fans to keep going. Plus fans last longer running constantly compared to being switched on and off. The start up is the heaviest strain on the motor. And if you don't want smell to leak out you'll need the air flow to be constant anyway

16. Light leak en? I'll be checking my room tonight as soon as the lights go out for leaks probably got a little coming from the door..I put a threshold on the bottom of the door but the door stops may be a tad loose as it's a closet and us carpenters know where to cut corners when in a rush and it's usually closets where no one sees the inside..thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks . hope u can get yours straight. Remember hunidity is a key component

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

18. Other than them going to bed a hour before lights out and up a hour before lights on which is apparently normal...and my ppm ruoff was 2100...as I was feeding 200_700 ppm the first 3 weeks and not able to give enough for runoff as I had them in too big a pot for the root size and was scared to overwater....even with the hight runoff ,my plants are doing pretty good considering it's me first time..I'm seing it grow now daily...I'll be doing a flush with ph water next feeding to flush that out...I will be putting a wet towel in ti raise humidity but not my temps,1 thing at a time. And if it ain't broke dont fix it right?..thanks again everyone

• Like Like x 1
  19. Is 70_75 watts per square foot if heat and rh are fine too much light for a clone 3 weeks into veg..also if leaf temps are good ...basically if everything is in check is 75 watts per square foot too much light and cause a plant to droop after 15 ish hours of light???? This will answer my last issue I may have with the drooping as I have a lot if light in that room.

20. No its definitely not too much and won't cause any drooping