Plants drooping??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by justblaze622, Mar 22, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good Morning!
    Ive got a question this morning im hoping somebody can give me some guidance with. I am growing 4 plants in 5 gallon smart pots. FFOF, Flora nova nutrients. (very light). They were just watered good 4 days ago. They have been on 12/12 for 6 days. Heres the prob; When the lights first come on they are all stood up looking pretty, towards the end of the light cycle they all look droopy. This has happened the last 2 days. Especially the lower leaves of the 2 indica plants. I am growing 2 indicas and 2 sativas. In the pics the yellow color is from the lights, they are all nice and green, some of the new growth looks like claw hands. What is making them look so tired???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. They are looking not too bad, I wouldn't be freaking out. They could be in a bit of shock because of the light change. Do you water with any kind of hormone to help your plants with stress? I use this shit made from kelp and it works great.

3. No, I didnt use any type of hormones. The first few days after the light change they were all stood at attention looking very strong. This drooping has just been the last 2 days. I am very inexperienced but to me it is looking like they are thirsty. But the soil is still kinda damp 1-2 inches down. I always ph my water to 6.0ish.

4. Ive been having the same exact problem with my plants... Mine are all in hydro dwc systems and Im thinking the droop is from my ph being off here and there.. What is your ph at?

5. Not sure the runoff ph, but i ph the water @ 6 when i waterthem. And the nutes are supposed to be ph balanced. I dunno.

6. Go to walmart or somewhere like that and look for a ph meter for soil.. They only caust like $3 or something.. If your ph is all screwy and jacked up it will lock your roots up and they wont take in any nutes..

7. Drooping has nothing to do with ph, but nice try.

I would say the pot is too small, your overwatering or the plant is getting close to bed time..

8. Would overwatering cause the new growth to have the claw look?

9. Yep, roots need oxygen..

Let the soil dry out, really good before you water.. also adding a tsp of h2o2 per gallon of water can help, till she perks up.

Drooping is normal 4-5 hours before they go to sleep though

10. Well i appreciate it bro! I will let them dry out. Thanks!

11. #11 Hammered, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010

Sooo, If the ph is not rite it wont make the plant droopy looking? What would a plant look like if the ph is to high or to low? I know for sure my pots are not to small,, Its 5gal dwc buckets.. And I also am having the same issue with droopy leaves here and there.. I keep the water levels almost to the bottom of my net pots and I never spray water on my plants.. My rockwool and rappid rooter plugs are getting enough water and air to them... So what else could it be other than the ph?

12. The leaves will twist and turn when your PH is off, because plants can only uptake nutes/micronutes at certain PH levels.

Drooping can also mean, overdose on nutes. Nitrogen in particular, gives the claw look.

13. A heavy nitrogen oversode will cause your leaves to twist into what I like to call a "rhino horn" shape. After a few weeks they will correct.

However, you said you fed 4 days ago? Flowering plants, under a HPS, will probably need to be fed less than every 4 days. The droopiness is probably your plant telling you it's thirsty.

I see this happen a lot. As soon as they start to flower they will need more food/water. If I don't feed my girls every 2-3 days they will let me know they are not pleased with some droopy leaves. Soon as you water them, they pop back up and reach for the light.

14. The bottom leaves are much more droopy than the upper growth. Does that mean anything?

15. Plants under a HPS will generally droop and drop their bottom fan leaves quicker than the top fan leaves. This is what I have noticed from my experience. I believe it's probably just because of the high intensity of light at the canopy, and the lower amounts of light below it.

16. Check your heat....it should be in the low to mid 70s, and check the distance from the lights to the plants...about a foot or so?

17. I was wondering if anyone could tell me why my plant is dropping. I believe it's overwatering