Plants aren’t the happiest. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GeraldsFinest, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Hi guys,
    I’m a couple weeks into veg on my second grow. My first veg before these plants were fed the same thing at same EC. I’ve since bumped up the food a bit because I’m not sure what else it could be. If feeding more doesn’t help I’ll probably flush. The strain in Stardawg, Corey, and Guava cuts. I’m in a 8x8 with 4 315w cmh lights. The lights are about 3.5 feet above canopy. Temps are 76-78 Rh 50-60 day, 75 degrees, Rh 60 night. I’m in five gallon fabric pots of canna feeding canna nutes once a day at 700ppm. Calmag added twice at 3.5ml per gal. I was feeding around 500 then 600 now 700. Because of the yellowing I figured they were hungry but idk runoff is close to what goes in. I’m PH’ing water to 5.8. Only thing different is I had a dehu in there last run but this time just the AC and a exhaust fan that kicks on for 2 hrs at lights out. Any ideas guys? Does it look like underfed, overfed, could high humidity cause this? My water temps are about 68 degrees

Attached Files:

2. A couple more. These are the bottom leaves

Attached Files:

3. That's a potassium deficiency. You can google what they look like, starts @ the bottom of the plant and works to the top. in this case your second set of images cleared that up.

Make sure you're using good nutes, and that you're checking and adjusting the pH range.

4. I’m using canna coco nutes ph is 5.9.

5. Hmm that's strange. He's right, it is potassium def by the look of it.
    Not sure why though. Your pH and ppm levels are both a little high but shouldn't be getting any side effects from that.
    I'd be 500ppm(plus the water) at ph5.7 at that stage but what youre doing is fine. Just don't go any higher at all.
    Feeding habits are right too.
    Actually, you are talking about canna coco and not soil eh?
    Also which bottles are you using and how much of each mate?

6. Hey there,
    I’m using Canna coco medium, with Canna coco nutes. I am using about 7ml per gallon of AB base, 8ml rhizo, 9ml cannazyme, and about 3.5ml calmag. My runoff on a few plants was all over the place. Ok one plant the reading was 2.6 ec, 3.5PH. Then the next water I put through was 1.0ec 5.9ph. I just flushed the shit out of them with 290ppm water 5.9. Checked runoff and it was very close to that. I think I’ll water heavy next couple events at 0.6 ec. Then give up to about 1.0. I also shut down two lights thinking it would help them recover

7. Or I should try 5.7? Every other thing I’ve read says 5.8-5.9, that’s what I did the last batch and they were really nice looking,but I’ll give it a whirl

8. In a coco medium you want a slightly more acidic environment you could do 5.7

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. 5.7 for seedling and veg.
    6 during stretch.
    6.3 for bloom.
    Thats my method.
    The reason being. As the plants feed, things happen that changes the pH of the root zone.
    That range there is how I best control it.
    Always feeding to run off every day with as weak nutes as I can get away with without the bottom leaves going yellow.