Plants are short and Bushy?????? HELP!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tntburke, Mar 30, 2010.

1. My ladies are 33 days old and are still not getting much taller,is their anything I can do? I would like to clone these girls before I flower but they are so thick I cannot get in to them and afraid this won't change or I'm doing something to cause this.:confused: See Pics

Thanks T.B.

Attached Files:

2. You may have your light too close to get the stretch your looking for. How close is it? Generally if you move your light farther away it will cause the plant to want to stretch more towards the light.

3. I was wandering that but thought they were suppose tobe about 6" to 8" away using florescent lighting when in vegitative growth I will try this any suggestions on is to how far away?

4. yeah move your light 3 inchs up and see if they is any difrence in the way its growing like streatch to the light then if it does move it up 1 inch every few days to get them to the hight you want

5. WTF? Are you kidding bushy is how you want them you can def clone those no problem your not gonna break anything man unless u just r being wreckless. BUSHY TEH BEST

p.s. with flourecent you want as close as possible i have mine 1inch above plant im curious as how you got them so bushy with flourcensents being so far away i mean mine are just as bushy but ive seen plants that far from lights look like breanstalks

6. Did you look at the pics their is not enough branch to get to. I just want them to stretch out some so I can cut. Right now it's so thick if you look up inside it is to dense to cut anything. I'm gonna try in four weeks.

Thanks T.B.

7. ???? its not 2 dense maybe 2 small but ok i gurantee u can get clones off of that no problem

8. #8 TygTalaj, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010
    This looks odd....are they 'autoflower'?

I'm not familiar at all with ruderalis, autoflowers, etc, but the structure of those plants reminds me of hyacinths in my yard, and if they ARE autoflower, they won't clone like a regular plant. My advice is not to clone them at all until you know what you're dealing with...let them set flower and see what comes of it.

My Two Cents,
    Tyg

PS - given adequate light, the plants would grow into it and burn leaves...these aren't short because they're too close to the light....they look like reasonably healthy plants. . .maybe a little discoloration on leaves. What fertilizing have you done so far?

9. why dont you just allow one of them to stretch to get ur clones off of and leave the others bushy?? ive heard of a guy that can roughly get 36 clones per mother per 2 months(correct me if im wrong)

10. Their are 2 strands neither auto flower they are Ak-47 and Pure Afghani. I did however raise the light about 4" and they have taken off unbeleiveably. I will be able to clone soon thanks for all the input.

Thanks T.B.

Attached Files:

11. I know for sure you can get in on that AK47...Look at how much room you have. Get fine scissors, stop using kitchen shears