Plants are huge, and I need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shaman, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Hello everyone,

My set up:
    Total of 3 plants left (3 went male). 2 of them are cali orange bud and the other is bag seed (which looks like an indica dominant because the leaves look much different than the sativa orange bud)
    1 400w mh lamp with reflector
    mylar lining walls and floor
    fan
    carbon air scrubber
    air cooler
    plants are in 3 or 5 gallon pots (soil)

Plants have been growing for a total of 13 weeks
    Today marks the start of the fifth week of flowering.

Here's the problem, the plants are very tall (one is about 2 or 3 feet, another is 4 and the third one is about 5 feet tall). I'm running out of room to raise the light if I let them keep going and I also don't want to raise the light for the tallest plant and cause the other two to stretch.
    One thought that I had so far is to get some wooden rods, tie the main stem to one for support and then do a kind of LST with the top of the plant with 5 or 6 rods around the outside of the pot. In other words, I would put 5 or 6 rods in a circle around the plant and then tie the top to each rod as it grows. Do you think this would work? I know I shouldn't have vegged them for so long and I should have done LST since the beginning, but this is my first grow and I was nervous...just wanted a simple grow.

One more thing, with daylight savings time my light timer is not convenient for my schedule. Would it hurt to change it by one hour so that it would suit me better? Or is an 11/13 day detrimental to the plants this late in flowering?

Thanks for all the help, the city has helped me immensely.

Also, I'll get some pics up in a day or two.

2. I don't see a question in there. what do you need help with?

3. sorry, accidently hit the "enter" button which posted before I was ready....it's edited now.

4. yes you can carefully bend them to keep them under the lights, and put blocks under the shorter plants to keep your canopy even. I don't beleive it would hurt to much to fix your timer, just don't fix it every week.

5. ya i did the same thing with my timer. I had it set up perfect for when they cam on and off then daylight savingstime messed me up. I switched my timer an hour ahead and everything seems to be fine.

6. wait, so your saying that all u have are males? i dont see the point in keeping 3 males unless you plan to use them to polenate a female.

7. sorry, didn't make much sense when i typed that. Originally I had a total of 6 plants, 3 went male and I have 3 left. Two of which are definitely female and budding very nicely, one of which has yet to show (it has acted like a mutant the whole grow).

well, i'll probably tie down the top, raise the others and switch the light back. thanks so much guys
    any more advice?
    I'll post pics in a few days