plants are getting too tall

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by guygreenthumbs, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Hello everyone. My babies are starting to get close to the ceiling and I still have 6 weeks of flowering left. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks

2. I guess the only option is to tie them down on an angle

3. if they are that far into the flowering phase, the stretch period should be over. only growth that should occur now is swelling of the buds

4. #6 growkings, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    how  far along into flower are you?

5. if your more than 2 weeks into flower they most likely not be stretching anymore as the stretch usually lasts for a week to 2 weeks

6. #8 guygreenthumbs, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
    I just came home to burn damage to two of my babies :-( my 1000 watt hps bulbs are too close......

7. grab pipe cleaners and bamboo stakes and tie them down a bit.

8. So after you switch them to 12 and 12, they reach their max height around 2weeks?Sent from my SCH-R970C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Yes they did but they are so tall that they dangerously close to my lights and I got damage last night :-(

10. ?

11. Here's one. Basically you gently bend the stem down lower to even the canopy. Squeeze the stem until you feel the plant stuff inside break a little then bend it over. This is the first video I found of it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vacg2FZWtrk

12. tie down the tops allso will help the nodes to get light. only way they should be done for the stretch. you got any pictures?  

13. #16 Thicken Dense, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013

^ I swear by this method. Kept my beast under control. Easy as fuck too, takes all of 2 seconds.

14. You might be able to rig up something where you can set the pots at an angle coming in from the side, however if you dont have a lot of room it may be difficult.  I have done this before to compensate for plants that are much taller then the ones near them.

15. yep!... hey welcome online onefreeman