Plants are falling over

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by pegleg pete, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Iam having a problem with the base of the stalk the plants are 3 weeks in veg and they are all narrowing at the base where teh soil starts and are leaning over anf the bottom leaves are yellowing with brown spots any suggestions, Using promix soil with foxfarm products.

2. also some of the leaves are looking leathery

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here are some pictures of my problem please any help would be greatly appreciated

4. Hello ppl can use some advice,where are all the experts at today j/k.4 out of 12 plants have fallen over

5. dont know what the dis-coloring is., but put a steak in the soil and tie the plants up....so they don't fall over and get a fan on them to strengthen their stems...

6. #6 mattwood1011, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
    you 100% need a damn fan... and the discoloration could be that you need nutes or more nutes or soil burn or the plant could be sucking the nuts out of those leaves to help make the new leaves.. put nutes in or more nutes if your already using them

7. #7 pegleg pete, Feb 11, 2009
    im putting 3 table spoons of grow and 2 table spoons of big bloom and 1 drop of super thrive per gallon of water and 1/4 tea spoon of ph down.You dont think thats enough and i have a fan blowing on the plants the light is about 2 ft off the plants the temp is about 73 in the room and 79 under the light the light is 430 watt sun light im only watering every other day.

8. the fan does not need to be 2ft away...it'll cause your plant to stretch

9. #9 coffeeandherpes, Feb 11, 2009
    Cut back on the nutes man, you're using way, way, way too much! Read the bottles - 1 teaspoon of grow big per gallon if you're feeding every watering! I actually just use half that - when I did the full amount my plants got burned. Try rotating too - so water with just water, next watering feed with 1/2 strength grow big, next watering just use water, next watering 1/2 strength grow big, etc etc.

In fact, flushing your soil may not be a bad idea.

10. See you can make a old dog read i put my glasses on and you are 100% right to much nutes!

11. I flushed with just ph balanced water 6.3 and i put my 2 gallons of premixed nute in a 5 gallon bucket and add 3 more gallons of water and will water every other day with the nutes thanks for the help i think you saved my garden:yay: Peace out bro.

12. You might want to change your soil ... stay away from the white balls XD