Plants are dying, please help.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by loser7787, Mar 27, 2009.

1. This is my first grow. So i have a soil indoor grow going. It will be their 3rd week since sprouting above soil tomorrow which is friday.

I am not sure of the strain.

I am using an overhead t5 fixture that is 100 or so watts and I recently added 3 26 watt 100 watt equivalent bulb standing at the left and right sides and one right in the middle. The plant are about 3 or so away from the new cfls i setup, there is a picture attached.

I have miracle grow organic soil that says it feeds up to 2 months which i think could be the problem. They plants were all doing very good up until this morning. I have not givin them any fod besides whats already in the soil. I noticed a little bit of yellowing of the leaves on the biggest 2 and this morning the smaller 2 were drooping alot. When i returned from work they seemed to be getting worse by the hour.

I have been using nothing but distilled gallons of water to water the plant. I am not completely positive of the ph. To my knowledge if the ph is too high I will get nutrient lockout ...could that be the problem?

I let the plants dry out decently before watering again. but i thought that the lights being a bit warm may have been drying out the soil faster than i had thought so i gave them a decent watering just now and am watching them closely to notice any changed. I waited an extra day to water 2 of the plants because the seemed to be drooping but healthy so I thought they were getting too much water.

Here is the grow journal i started and has up until now in it.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...rst-grow-suggestions-welcome.html#post4168707

Any help would be greatly appreciated I would hate to see them die.

2. I wold try to grt them out of that MG dirt ASAP. Get some topsoil from a hardware or garden store. If you can, seriously get some Fox Farm Ocean Forest, but whatever you do, please get them out of that MG!!

3. Thanks, I wont have access to new soil for at least another day or so which i fear might be too late. Is there anything i can do in the meantime to keep them alive or improve their condition?

4. Well 2 of the plants are gone I have 2 remaining and it seems they are clinging to life. I finally got a ph meter and the ph has been really high. Do the pics look like what happens when you have a high ph? I am still trying to save them but im wondering if its even worth it at this point. Any help is appreciated.

You can view the pics of the last 2 in this thread:

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...rst-grow-suggestions-welcome.html#post4275117