Plants are dying! Please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lilpothead, Dec 7, 2019.

1. All the plants are about a month old and the leaves have all been slowing burning up and now it’s affecting the newest growth [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Medium looks too dry to me...is that in a bucket? What's your drainage system? Hand watered? With what? Did you put HEAPS of water on it and it caked up perhaps? (looks dry now...like is it retaining water?) I'd generally recommend a lot more perlite/spacer than this, tbh the amount you've got in there is almost superfluous. Been adjusting your PH? Do you know what PH you ought to aim for in that medium? Do you adjust it before you add things to it, or after? What lights, how close etc?

• Like Like x 2
  3. You've got about 3 different things it looks like, from Nitrogen to hot, light to hot, and Cal-Mag deficiency.
    I doubt you have any of those problems.
    I think you have the PH way off.
    Measure the run off water for PH and PPM's.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I’m growing with soil in 5 gallon buckets I’m using mg performance organics because it’s all I could get my hands on I have no clue what the ph is so I’m gunna go ahead and say that’s probably my problem so I’m gonna buy a ph adjuster and test thingy. They’re under a 300 watt cob led light about 2 1/2 feet away from the top of the plants. Since I’m in five gallon buckets I’ve only been watering around the base of the plants and there isn’t any runoff. I had some heat problems at the beginning of the grow but now it stays at around 78.

5. And I wait until the top inch or two of soil is dry to water again

6. I would say ph and heat issues. You have the plants to far down in the buckets not letting them get air flow, this in return also retaining to much heat at the plant.

7. So how do I go about adjusting the ph? Would the same shit you use to adjust aquarium ph work?

9. You don't need to pH soil. The soil life regulates that.

The soil looks like Arizona. You need to always have it moist..never it let dry..drying kills soil life. And water from the top not the bottom. You need the water to push air down thru the medium . When the soil sucks water from the bottom it displaces oxygen upwards

10. Measure the run off water for PPM's and PH

11. You shouldn't have to use the testers. Get a better grasp on your nutrient plan which ever it might be.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I’m pretty sure marijuana is supposed to have a wet /dry cycle and My soil looks dry cuz I don’t water the whole 5 gallon bucket as my plants are still small.

13. the roots will probably be twice the size of whats above ground now should switch to regular watering

14. What do you mean switch to regular watering I literally squirt water on the top of the soil?

15. Always water to full absorption. Top to bottom always. Think of wet soil surrounded by dry soil. It will dissipate evenly. The roots love being as wet as possible and you know it needs to dry.
    Good luck?

16. So basically drench the shit?

17. flood and drain. get them completely wet. then almost completely dry before doing all over again.