Plants are 2 weeks old yay!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by obvious1234, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Hello this is my first post on this website and am curious to see if there are any others who have their plants under light and are at the same stage of growth my plants are??? Be good to grow and share along the way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Greetings. I started germinating the seed for my single plant on May 30, so we are the same age. Mine is a TH Seeds feminized bubblegum. It looks just like yours - maybe a tad bigger, but my grow is pretty different.

I have mine in a 3.5 gallon deep water culture with a 300 watt equivalent cheapo led.

I think I am doing a good job, planning things and such, but I have two fears: 1. The single plant doesn't give me any room for complete failure. I will have to start over if something goes horribly wrong. 2. My plant will sometimes be pretty hot and I will not be able to get it cool.

Still, I have confidence something will become of this.

3. Looking good for two weeks even though that medium doesn't. What's with all the wood chips? They consume nitrogen as they break down.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hi obvious, welcome!

Your little ones look good so far.

I'm on my 2nd indoor grow with a 3rd in the wings and my 1st out door grow. It's easily my most favorite hobby. It's very easy to get sort of addicted to growing. So much to know and to learn to really do it justice and always new things to try to make each grow better.
    :love-m3j:

So, what's your setup? What's your plan?

• Like Like x 2
  5. This medium is the cheapest "potting mix" I could find in store, I plan to mix it with perlite next transplant. I wanted better potting mix but all of the varieties had the same wood chips in them.

6. Hi I am currently using 600w hps 20/4 and watering once every other day. I'm planning to add another few seedlings soon and hopefully they will catch up to these 5 so I can switch to flower at the same time.

7. The cheapest potting mix you can find is no way to grow quality cannabis. It's a picky annual. That's why it takes some expertise to get the most out of. You're not growing a house plant you can look at and not water for weeks. That's what that cheap potting soil is for. You're growing a fruiting plant that you want the best fruits you can get out of it.

You need to step up your game. =) Welcome to the forum BTW.

• Like Like x 3
  8. 25-30% perlite. Make sure you get quality perlite with no NPK number.

9. Have you got a picture of yours? The led shouldn't be giving off any heat maybe you need to add ice cubes every so often

10. That's another thing the only indoor growing shop in town and it has course perlite the size of your finger nail and nothing finer.

11. Course is the best. My go to perlite and all I use is precision perlite course.

12. One of the intents is to make the medium lighter and more resistant to compaction. The light particle of the course perlite really helps with that.

13. More air to the roots = more rapid growth. Write that down. That's one main reason that some hydro methods perform so well. They feed and aerate at the same time with air pumps. If you use only a medium and no air pump that medium should be constructed to give you the most air the roots you can get. That's one reason if I use a medium I use only fabric pots, screw plastic. Fabric gives you dramatically more air to the rootball.

14. The growth and results will be proof that the expensive slow release potting mix is not the best. I'm growing indoor marijuana skunk mostly indica hybrid.

15. No need to write that down as it is basic common sense and fabric pots can be good for organic growers but not for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. They're good for plants period no matter the grow method. They result in a superior root structure. The roots don't meet the side of the plastic pot and spaghetti in on themselves. They reach the side of the pot and air prune themselves. Fabric pots spaced off the drain trays with plenty of perlite prevent overwatering. It's almost impossible. The roots always get plenty of air with that method.

17. This is my bud room. 4x4 area with 570 watts of led at the wall. All fabric pots with promix/perlite hydro fed. 21 days since flip to 12/12 light cycle. IMG_0958.JPG IMG_0960.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. They're well over 5 feet tall. 4 plants in there all different strains. Grand Daddy Purple left front, Skunk #1 right front, Blueberry left rear, Blue Dream right rear.

19. I have never tried them but again common sense would suggest the fabric aerates the medium a lot better than plastic but then so would a plastic pot with a certain amount of holes in the sides of pot. I think its more so the size of the pot: plant ratio and also the nutes and care given to the plants.

• Like Like x 2