plantlightinghydroponics.com reliablity / fan question (need response quick, please)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by HighOnTheHill, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Grow Lights, Grow Bulbs and Hydroponics - Plantlighting Hydroponics & Grow Lights

I'm about to order some stuff from them, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with their reliability and whatnot. I know this isn't exactly seed ordering, but I simply can't afford to get scammed here.

And my ventilation question:

Grow cab is 22" x 31" x 61"

So that's 24ft^3

I was just told that a 268 CFM fan WILL NOT do the trick as far as cooling my cab. At least without a cooltube, which I'm not using.

So I'm looking at a 565 CFM fan,

The fan is exchanging the air 23.5 x per minute.

Is this going to keep a 400w HPS cool? No cooltube, just straight venting right outta the top of my cabinet.

2. Which fan in particular? 268 cfm exchanges air 11x/minute in your cab. The target is around 5-6x. 268 cfm will be fine as long as it can pull through whatever filter you have planned.

3. They are a good company, for the most part. I've had some issues with them in the past, but if you're on the East Coast, standard shipping will deliver in 1-3 days.

4. Man I'm so sick of this =/ I've got like half of the people saying that the 268 CFM fan won't work to cool it.

Some are saying even the 565 CFM won't cool it.

I thought 5-6x a minute was plenty too =/

I'm actually considering just going to walmart or something and buying a blower =/ Rig that up as a temporary fan, keep the receipt and take it back at a later date. It's more of a money issue right now. I can grab a blower for 50-60 bucks that SHOULD cool my my HID.

I still want a jet engine :(