Planting straight into the ground?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hippie flip, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Ok so I have a few plants right now growing in small pots outdoor...I was just going to put them into bigger pots when got too big but someone told me that they can just go straight into the soil because the area I'm growing has tons of nettles and such (which means the soil is good?) I already have some multi purpose organic compost so I could just do a mix of that and the ground?

+rep for good answers

2. bumping this...

3. I'm not sure about the soil being good around nettles, but planting in the ground will be fine. If you can, get some cocotek and mix that, the organic compost, and some of the surrounding soil and put it into a hole big enough for a 5 gallon bucket or so. Look at the soil around the nettles. Does it look like good soil? or does it look dry and sapped of any nutrients.

If you're going to get cocotek, you're probably going to have to go to a grow shop and while you're there, you might as well pick up a bag of happy frog nutes and put that into your mix accordingly :p

4. the soil is nice and damp and has earthworms and such in there

5. Sounds really good then. Go ahead and mix it right in.

6. You can plant straight into the soil. It might start a little slower though.

7. The plants have been started in small pots, have not sprouted yet though, I planted on Sunday when they had small tap roots, when should I expect them to sprout by?

8. There really is no set time schedule for that kind of thing but I would say 2-3 days

9. cool, i'm going to check on the babies tomorrow, hopefully i see something nice