Planting seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pyro2005, Sep 17, 2003.

1. It's been almost a full two weeks, and nothing has happened with the seeds. I was wondering, is there a specific way to plant the seeds? Up or down? I know there is the possibility that the seeds were duds, but still, I hope thats not the case.
    I just dumped the seeds in a whole about an inch, and put soil over it. Also, if there is an up and down, which is wihich? pointy side up or down?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

2. i could never remember which way the seed went, so i just germ the ol fashion way, paper towel and water. works everytime! well for me it does.

3. Thats what I am gonna do next time, or this time if I can find the seeds in the huge pot of dirt.

4. some say up, some say down! it dont really matter.

an inch may of been a bit deep, half or even less wud of done.

start them in 1 pot each next time, not all in the same pot like it sounds like u have. u can use plastic drinks cups with a few holes punched in the bottom as pots if u want.

5. Yeah, I have them all in one big pot, so because I planted them deeper, they may not be duds, though it is likely.

6. You could dig em up to see whats going on.

If they are sprouting, I'd say carefully plant them in different containers.

This way they don't starve each other out of resources once they get bigger.