Planting seeds any minute...last minute advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Purple16, Jun 28, 2018.

1. I'm about to put some seeds in rockwool cubes. I soaked them in ph'd distilled water and added a little thrive alive b1 red and a tiny bit of H2O2.

Correct me if I'm wrong:
    Temp should be around 75 degrees?

Where should my humidity be for germination or does that not matter?

Should I use humidity dome or is that unnecessary at this point?

Anything else I should keep in mind before/after planting?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey man
    Yeah with humidity, a domes a great idea High humidity is good for germination, just keeps the root zone moist & have alot of patience man. Goodluck

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hey, I don't think you're suppose to add H2O2 to nutrient solution. You're suppose to rinse seeds and use it to flush plants, but I think it may react with nutrients... so just something to keep in mind.
    If I use peroxide in say my reservoir, I do it for like (less than) a day. I then remove the water and replace with nutrient solution.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  4. #5 AngryPirate, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    I haven't heard of H202 for seeds either. The thrive alive is amazing though. Did you pop the seeds in a paper towel or water before you put them in Rockwool, or just put them straight into the Rockwool? Your temps are fine (75-80 is what I usually try and stay around). Humidity? 100% if possible. I just use those baking pans with domes from the grocery store. Work perfect, and cheap). Once in the dome though, don't keep wetting/watering the rockwool everyday. Just spray the clear plastic dome to keep the humidity up.
    Once the roots start popping out the bottom, you can move them to their new medium (are you doing soil, hydro?). Don't get overzealous and start dumping nutrients in right away though. Give them a week or so and just let em' grow.

5. @AngryPirate

Seeds is ok bro, lots of folks do it. Prevents dampening off, provides a little extra O2.

Sprouting Seeds: add 30ml 3% H2O2 to 1 pint of water. Soak the seeds overnight.
    Insecticide Spray: combine 250ml 3% H2O2 to 1 gallon spray mix.
    Fast growing container plants: add 30ml of 3% H2O2 to 1 gallon water.
    Hydroponics: apply 3% H2O2 at a rate of 30ml/gallon to the nutrient reservoir.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I just put them straight into rockwool. I have read so much I dont even know what to do anymore! My first 2 seeds planted into rockwool died supposedly from "damping off".

So that's where I was told about h202. I have a superstar supercloset led hydro, so it will be going into hydro when its ready.

• Like Like x 2
  7. You're going to change your grow as you learn more and have more experience. Make a plan for your first grow based on the things you've read and what others suggest. See what happens. Modify the plan for the next grow to fix the things that didn't work out. Eventually you'll figure it all out and be comfortable with the plan you land on. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. When you first start out, the hardest thing to master is patience, don’t love it to death, let it grow, months of waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Cool... good to know. Hopefully it's mostly cloning for me from here on out, but I'll be popping seeds for new strains every once in a while.

And Purple16... the growweedeasy link that SBH mentioned will generally steer you in the right direction. Just remember to KISS... don't get too wrapped up in all the silly stuff. Just stick to the basic nutes for now, focus on lighting, temps, and keep an eye on the pH. You can even start a grow journal if you want more guidance along the way.

• Like Like x 2