Planting Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iximindtrickixi, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Hey Guys,
    I'm kinda new to this site, but ive been doing some reading the past couple of days and cant find anything specific about planting the seed. Now ive read in some posts its more productive to plant the seed with the little white roote upwards, some say downwards. and since were talking about stem strength, does it matter how deep the seed is planted?

BTW Hello All!:wave: Im new hehe

Thanks in davance.

2. i plant mine root tip down about 1/4" or little less, then cover w/ soil, when it breaks the surface put light on em.

3. cool thanx. I am germinating my seeds as we speak, and have a twin-rubbermaid setup for them for the first 2 weeks or so. I am currently working on building a tunnel-closet growroom design, check it out in the "Plans" section of the forum.

Thanx alot :)

4. Just don't do what I did. Lol, I left my seeds to stay and germ overnight - planned on checking them this morning but woke up late, checked them just now after I got off work. One of the seeds just took off, the root tip was so long... it's already curled by now, not even sure if it will be strong enough to work, but I may as well try...

Oddly enough, the other ones had made little progress. I just had a crazy super seed or something. :)

5. lol thats awesome, yeah im germing about 14 bag seeds, hope at least 4 push through