Planting outdoors..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Mantikore, Apr 29, 2016.

1. So I was cleaning up my place and found a bunch of bag seeds I collected awhile back. It's probably been a good 4 years since I stopped adding to it as I was no longer getting brick weed. There is 200, maybe even 300. I was thinking about going all Johnny Weedseed and planting them at random locations. I know most won't make it.. but I figure it'd be fun to try anyway. I live in Virginia, in the VA Beach/Hampton Roads area. What would be the best time to plant them outdoors here? I don't really plan on doing anything elaborate.. but my cousin once suggested going Indian style and planting them in a hole with some fish. The environment here is mostly wetlands and sandy soil. Lots of deer and nutria (like muskrats but super destructive to plants) so I don't want to put much, if anything, into it just to have them get eaten.

2. Since you told the world where you live, there's no point in trying to grow anything Illegal if you have any sense. If you're determined to get busted or ripped off then you should plant them the 2nd week of May-the 1st week or June. Good luck

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I am pretty sure my location is listed in my profile.. but I think you missed the point. I am not planting them outdoors where I live. You remember Johnny Appleseed.. the folk tale of him walking around casting apple seeds where ever he went? That's kind of what I am going to do with all my seeds.. and let nature do the rest. Places off the beaten path, but I have like 50 different places that are somewhat secluded where I'll plant 5-10 seeds. I don't expect to be able to harvest a single one of them.. but you never know.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Right on, I've done this for decades but I put'em in the bird feeder cus they cantt digest them and they poop'em out and the ones that take root have ready made fertilizer!!! Stay Green

• Like Like x 1
  5. They say it is good for seeds in general to pass through a digestive tract.. it helps to weaken the shell so they'll germinate easier. We do have some chickens at work.. lol, but if pot plants start growing in the chicken coup, I'd be the first person they'd look at. We have started letting them free roam and I've pretty much stopped giving a shit about this job, but I probably wouldn't even be around to watch them grow as it is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Unfortunately, chicken shit is so strong it will burn and kill those sprouts just as they show signs of life. Too much nitrogen but the if you put them in birdfeeders across the country when you vacate ,travel or whatever then randomly they'll pop up all over the nation especially during migration season. That's what I do and have done for probably 30 yrs now. Controlled Chaos!!! But in a good way. I feel like I'm a caregiver to unsuspecting patients!!! Stay Green

• Like Like x 1