Planting outdoor probably tomorrow, still no soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ate ball, Jun 26, 2010.

1. This is my first grow, and Im not sure what to do for the soil. I have about 10 plants. Someone on here told me that miracle grow and perlite are good. Will that work well or what? What the ratio I should mix them?

2. I heard miracle grow wasn't good for a few reasons. I'm using Pro-Mix with 30% added perlite.

3. Hows that working?

4. #4 Isolus, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    No to the miracle grow. It uses time release nutes which equal bad....Perlite is a good addition to most potting soil since it helps with drainage and is a neutral mineral. As in, it does not add or remove any thing to the soil.

5. pretty much just get plain soil, with no fertilizers sometimes it says organic on it i think. But on the back it wont have percents like 10%nitrogen 4%blah. and then u can add some of those white pelite balls or there is other shit u can add if u want

6. Ya, just get a "soilless" mix. Its pretty much just dirt with nothing in it that aid in the growth other than it being dirt. Think of it as a blank slate in which you can add to in the future.

A good Mixture ratio is something like this.
    60% Soilles mix
    20% Perlite
    10% Building Sand
    10% Worm castings

Another option is to scan through here and check out the organic section for more recipes.