Planting on a hill?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NuclearGuru, Mar 17, 2011.

1. This year will be my second attempt at growing. My last attempt failed due to excessive flooding of the creek along which I had my plants. It seemed to be a very good spot but then I realized that it floods way too much and water covers the entire area. I have found a new spot and need some advice.

I own 12 acres out in the country so I don't have to worry about people finding my plants on foot. I intend to plant at the top of the hill on my property. My hill is taller than the surrounding hills so no one will be able to see it from the ground or from other hills. During the summer the hill is covered with very tall weeds and bushes but there are no trees. The plants will receive direct sunlight literally all day. Is this a good thing? Also, should I be worried about helicopters or planes that may fly above them?

2. Hey.. If your worried about planes and choppers here are some tips:

Don't leave any garbage around!!! Like anything no nuts bags watering jugs or pots
    That's the main thing they look for.

Try not leave a trail, they can easily be seen from the air. Use different paths each time to get to your plot.

Not sure how many plants your growing but don't plant them in rows or in a circle, nothing ever grows like that naturally. Plants 5 in one spot close together than move a little ways and plant 5 more.

Try to plant in a place with some camouflage, ex: don't plant in nice short grass it will stick out like a sore thumb from the air ... You small trees and LARGE weeds to blend our plants in.

Most grows or at least in my area go undetected only 1 or 2 Get busted from the air and those are usually ones with 20++ plants so if you have a lot of plants spread your plot out over your whole lands.

The more light the better your plants may just need more water that's all..

Walter7093

3. Well I would not plant them on the side of a steep hill. But in your text you state you will be planting them on top of the hill and I see no reason why not to.