Planting Next to a River

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BlueBowlin, Jul 7, 2004.

1. I am about to move my plants outside and found a real nice spot that I would like to grow them. The thing is the few spots I have scouted out and want to use are very close to a river. By very close I mean within 10 feet, the river itself is fairly small but is fast moving if that means anything. I'm not sure if the soil will be constantly too wet and planting further away from the river will mean an entirely new spot due to the fact not enough sunlight will be able to reach my babies.

Any help/insight will be appreciated :)

2. u might run into mold problem while in flowering... humidity will be to high, so i would suggest u plant a lil bit father from the river....

3. Some of the biggest plants I ever grew were planted within 20ft. of a river. We never saw any mold problems. What you want to do is make sure you put them past the "flood line", this'll be a line of debris left behind the last time the river rose. As long as the river doesn't come up way past it's last flood point you should be fine.

4. what clone says.

and u have found my secret place, yes its next to a river.

5. mines next to the river also

6. watch out for floods, if the river gets too high, it could kill your plants