planting new on a stem

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 2cent420, Jun 22, 2021.

1. I planted my new ones next to the stem amd root ball. I read that u can leave it to rot..
    Sawthat many do this and it helps leaving roots to decompose.

So i did i dug down a bit was quite solid due to root ball.. and worms was allover the place felt bad chopping 1 .

So my question stems from thcfarmer organics saying dont plant near the other as you will get pyithium root rots.
    And also dont plant newplants down low in the soil as they will die and you need to keep them at the top ?

My babys are planted in the soild rooty soil all joined to lava rocks so i dug a mug side hole planted with mycor powder and bacterias and covered with rooty soil .

I scraped the surface allup mixed in all the leaves n mulchy bits that was missed mainlyy to level out the gaps in my pot where it leaned over. I tryed not to disturb the network as told.

Im planning to add wormpoo/peat/ricehull and my amendments at 1/2 ratio to pot size im sure it said in @Sc00byD00bie
    Post il recheck as i do it ofc.
    Waiting for the post poo n peat . To top them up 3inches of soft new soil and food then i have 2 bin bags if cannabis leaves dry u can mulch ontop?? Or is straw better ? I have barley alfalfa straw grass also or both ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I plant right next to my old stem. Been doing it for several years without issue. I don't really understand your other question. Planted too low? You can bury the stem and it will grow roots from it, so i;m not really sure what you're asking. Leaves will work just fine as a mulch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. You can use any dry organic material as mulch. Leaves, straw, hay, wood chips... its all fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’ve got several planted in containers without bottoms along with last years roots. I have read that it isn’t good to have 2 plants growing too close since a root disease in one will spread easily.

5. The quote they said was "plant it low shit wont grow ,plantt high plant wont die"
    I was googling if i could do it n found them all sayin ul get root rot i couldnt figure that out with all the rot i have going on in there lol .
    I tugged them stems there is noway there comin out or rotted haha strong tree roots.

The soils compacted with lava and roota atm... is that ok

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don’t get that one either since I have planted them almost to the top of the stem before when they get leggy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ill carrry on without fear then thanks

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks for the thread. I have two seeds that I just put into paper cups. As soon as the pop up with serrated leaves I was hoping I could plant them right in with last year’s desiccated stem and root ball. Last year was my first build your own organic soil grow. I was Coco/Perlite previously.

I almost grew outdoors but there is some things in the new NY state law that makes me want to avoid a backyard grow until 2022, and that’s besides theft of my plant in the night.

Glad to know that my well built soil should be ready for round 2.

I’m growing blue cookies this time. Any reason I might want to choose the 25 gallon pots over the 15s as I have both freed up?

The bigger one uses a full tent as I had intended that for a male down the road. If I can use 2 x 15 gallon pots with the same soil that grew the same strains last year that would be my preference. They last grew gelato, which is excellent. I’m just hoping for a bit more indica in the final buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1