Planting june 5th Southern Ontario?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by msad420, May 24, 2012.

1. #1 msad420, May 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
    Hey guys , i was just wondering how big you think ROUGHLY my plants could get under my conditions .

100 gallon holes

organic potting soil
    perlite
    vermiculite
    peatmoss
    Heavy harvest.
    earthworm castings

12+ hour sun.

River 50 + feet away .

in Southern Ontario about 1 hour and 40 minutes away from Toronto on the subway .

2. Depends on the strain and 100 gallons sounds a bit overkill for starting in June.

3. my 2011 crop i planted june 6th and got a pound in a 20 gallon container ...

and why is 100 gallon overkill? , what is the amount of soil when it becomes "overkill" , if you supply the plant with that much soil it will try to grow its roots into as much of it as possible . most likley all of it .

4. What I mean is if you can get a lb with 20 gallons as you already said, how much more are you hoping with 100 gallons? You'd probably be better off with twice as many 50 gallon holes if that is an option.

5. #5 msad420, May 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
    Ok i see what your saying , my main idea is just to have a smaller plant count and pull more of each plant . im gonna have these 8 and then ill be putting out batches of clones in july.

And idk how much im hoping for in the 100 gal holes im saying id like to get 1 pound from each plant . im also lowering plant count because it helps me focus on potentcy etc. with 8 plants + say 20 clones i hope to pull around 15 lbs .

i was orginally going to be using like 1300 gallons but i lowered it down to 650 . im also going to be buying more soil for my clones , and i might aswell buy more soil for the 100 gallons holes each to cover rootball keep it extra cool .

ALSO to have more plants growing i need to buy more seeds early . this will set me back in buying soil . i have a tight budget roughly 1 grand .

this way only having 8 plants im going to take clones of them and root those and then put those back outside again with there mothers in july.

my yield estimate for the 100 gallon is roughly 1-2 pound my strains are Frisian dew , Sensi Star , Passion #1 , Purple #1 . and for the clones put out in july hopefully around 2-3 oz POSSIBLY fatter ill be transplanting some to 20 gal containers and what not .

6. That's what I was thinking about with cutting the size of the holes, saving money on soil. Not sure about your climate, I assume it is quite cold and that is why you are planting late. Anyway, go for it it can't hurt and then you will know for next year.

7. im acaully planting late because of budget problems :mad::mad::mad::mad:.

My climate is acaully alot warmer then you think , yes we do have a winter but from about april 1 - october 15th is optimal .

right now its like 80 .

it gets to like 100 here in like 3-4 weeks :eek:

8. No real reason to plant late unless you're physically not able to plant a seed.. You can start almost any plant out on little to nothing and then transplant when it and you are more established and ready.

and make sure not to use the peat as a significant filler, because at least from my experience it's been known to be pretty acidic and annoy my plants.