Planting Guerilla Autoflowers as Early as Possible in Southern Ontario

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ViralStu, Mar 29, 2016.

1. I have scouted quite a few good guerilla grow spots in southern Ontario for this year's outdoor grow season and am planning to try and use autoflowers to reap a few early harvests prior to a classic crop. I plan to pump out autoflower seedlings in 3 inch netpots in an indoor tent to get ahead of mother nature. My question is what is the earliest people think I can germinate my seeds in April starting the seedlings in a tent. My biggest worry is I can't have flowering odors coming from my tent.

I plan to use auto northern lights and early miss from crop kings to start. Does anyone have experience with when these autos start smelling? I'm currently thinking I will germinate the seeds on April 10th and give them 2 - 3 weeks of solid growth in the tent before transplanting them to an outdoor spot at the very end of April or beginning of May. Is this too early? It should be over consistently over 10 degrees during the day by then but night temps can fall as low as 2.

I know these plants won't be the best yield but it doesn't matter as long as they survive and yield something because there will be more autos following closely behind on a safer schedule.

TL;DR Is the end of April too early to put a rooted autoflower seedling outside in Southern Ontario?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I live in the high desert of Oregon and I put a ~4" seedling out in mid April last year, it grew to over 8' tall and 6' wide (wasn't an auto obviously). Just follow the same timing as folks do in your area for tomatoes and you'd probably be fine. You might have to protect the little ones through a couple of frosts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well April 17th is the frost date for my area so they shouldn't be getting ice cold but a low of 2 - 3 degrees celsius overnight is not unrealistic here for early May. I'm hoping some of those hearty Russian ruderelis genetics present in all autoflowers will see it through those early days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would think that they would do fine. I did stuff like put water bottles next to it with a bucket over the whole thing at night.

• Like Like x 1
  5. One of the spots I'm scouting has a stream nearby that is downriver from a few farms. Will these usually suffice as a decent water source? I'm going have some tested to make sure but what to know if that's just a waste of my time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stream a major plus for a spot..

7. Yeah I did some more reading and the learned the water should be fine. I worry too much about water quality as a symptom of my hydroponic grows. Luckily in my area the most secluded green areas contain streams. The streams are usually the reason the areas have remained undeveloped and protected in the first place. I guess that's one thing I can thank Dalton McGuinty for.

Of course the stream provides a great excuse to be out there (fishing) but also means I have to worry about fly fisherman walking up stream so I can't be too close to it.

Beyond the excuses of bird watching, walking my dog and fishing. Does anyone know of a good excuse to be out in the wild with fertilizer? Maybe I'm being paranoid but if a cop searched my bag or someone notices what I have, I can't think of a good reason to be heading out into the woods with my own fertilizer and soil.

Would an OPP officer ever ask to look in my bag if they saw me coming or going near conservation areas at strange hours?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, natural outdoor growing the soil will take care of the pH better then indoors from what I've read and learned, so water pH has never been an issue for me - although I'm sure there are some scientific growers who think they know it all and disagree.

Carry a camera and say you're a photographer caretaker of wild endangered plant species. I've been approached by people out in the bush and one thing I've learned - don't admit to anything. The shittiest lie is better than the truth (exclusively guerilla ganja growing). That being said, I don't get caught much. My uncle is a hunter and taught me how to listen and hear people before they hear you. Always being super paranoid in the bush means that you're smart.

9. I like the caretaker angle. It provides a reason for me to have gardening equipment. I think I'll grab a guide book to our native plants, read up a bit and make sure to keep that with me. I guess I might as well try and save a few of those en danged plants too if I come across them close to the path and in display of people. Put on a little show for them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have been thinking about that aswell (cop search) I am just going to dedicate x amount of nutes to each patch make a little hole leave them there so your not packing anything.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I thought about stashing supplies, burying clay pots filled with water and even running wick lines to collect rain water. The same reason that stops me for all those fancy things is stealth. These will be extreme stealth grows hidden among other lush green plants and definitely spread out. My hope is that even if someone were to walk by they wouldn't see it. My biggest threat will be other people and I don't want them to notice anything out of the ordinary.

After reviewing all the outdoor busts in the region that I could find I found one thing in common. Corn fields and spots really close to the road. I'm not sure who's being lazy, the cops for only looking in those spots or the growers who were too lazy to hike more than 5 minutes from the road.

It also seems they haven't caught up to the autoflower craze since all the busts are in the fall.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Exactly, It's the lazy guys who get caught.

I always hike out there, where you have some safety and can be in a place with a believable excuse.

• Like Like x 1
  13. How did you find all the outdoor busts? I Google my area it was only showing grows that had thousands of plants

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tell me about it I had to hike two hours today with 50lbs of manure fuck me lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. I scoured media reports and police reports on combating marijuana cultivation from that region's police dept. The biggest issue was getting through all the indoor busts and finding the much fewer outdoor busts. They like to show off all their hardwork and tax dollars being wasted by fighting the scourge of marijuana every autumn. The street value estimates are always funny. $1k a plant no matter the size, in one bust they counted 70, 1oz plants as $70k. I estimated 1oz from the photos they looked like clones planted late.

I realize I'm only getting the info they want me to see but it's better than nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Outdoor planting in Southern Ontario, the old maxim is don't put your plants outside till after May 24th. I put mine out the end of May.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1