planted seeds too close?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by silencedsal, May 19, 2011.

1. i recently planted two seeds in a 3/4 gallon pot sadly they were planted very close. :cry: its been a little more then 2 weeks. theres now two stems close to each other.. what should i do?

2. im pretty positive the roots are twisted. id pull both out.

3. just cut one at the base of the stem so you don't kill the other one pulling it up.

4. ive heard i should wait a while before i cut any because what if i accidently cut off the one thats a female rather then the male.

5. #6 CrossGore, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    They wont show sex until 12/12. just get another container to put the other one in. I doubt the roots are tangled if it hasnt been that long.

6. i just checked the roots were conjoined ):< it seemed very likely id harm the plant if i tried to separate it.

7. #8 CrossGore, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I would risk seperating, your going to lose one either way! Atleast if you try one might pull through!
    I hope for the best man

8. Sorry to have to tell you this, but either way with the situation you've put yourself in the best thing to do is kill one of them.. This is why it is better to start them off in their own separate space.. There really isn't much else you could do except let them stay like that until one strangles out the other..

Next time be sure to start them off in individual containers so you don't have to worry about this happening again..

:smoke:

9. just let it grow

10. Always one to a pot.