Planted germinated seed help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GuitarGuy6556, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Alright.. so i germed a seed and planted the seed today and it popped the surface hours later. I planted it about 1/2 inch down and since it popped i put it under light. The taproot looks exposed? I really dont want to screw up what seeds i have left..

Attached Files:

2. Keep it moist and be patient!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Should i keep it in light or darkness until the leaves come out? I dont want to screw up the taproot

4. I usually sprout my seeds in my kitchen. At night I don't have lights on, so really it's up to you. It will sprout in the dark.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Your tap root is under the dirt digging its way down. What you see is your stem to be. Keep it moist and keep the lights either A, off or B, ambient. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. 03525EA5-0BE8-4DAC-9059-3903AB927BED.jpeg
    I got this today is this okay if i keep the soil moist

7. For sure, just mist it instead of literally watering it, for now anyways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Heads up, weed roots do not like light. I’d recommend using duct tape on the sides of your cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. Once a seedling emerges from the soil it needs light. Keep the soil uniformly moist, like a wrung out sponge, not heavily soaked. You can put a darker color cup over your clear cup to block light to the root zone. When yo want to check the root growth take the darker cup off and examine the roots. When the net-veined roots reach the sides and bottom of the cup, transplant into a larger container. There is also no reason to pre-germinate the seed before planting. An overnight soak is plenty before planting.

PW

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. E6F70318-6E4B-4558-BD66-337501E047B8.jpeg 15395137-F28A-49D4-997C-3B20E85682E8.jpeg Thanks everyone. Heres todays update!! The past few months ive wasted seed after seed trial and error from the first few successful grows.. this seed is got me encouraged again!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Best of luck. Keep us updated!

• Like Like x 2
  12. I have 161 watts in my grow room should i go ahead and throw this seedling in there? I was trying to find how many watts for a seedling but just couldnt get good answers thoughts?

13. Go for it

• Like Like x 1
  14. 4B105B39-0C8A-4F68-8E9E-20381B7F3E09.jpeg Put the baby in her new home with fan on her and 2 23w 6500 and 13w 3500k light. Woke up to her bent like she is in the pic? Is she okay? Any advice would be appreciated! Im like a helicopter dad with this seedling since im running so low and im jotting down everything im doin to keep successful.. thanks!

15. It's just pulling towards the closest and strongest light source

16. Cool maybe ill drop the light closer. Thanks for the help. Update next week!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Keep those cfl close, like 2-3” away. It will grow into the light through the day so check in on it if you can. This will keep nice tight node spacing which is key to high yields.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. image.jpg Im guessing thats close enough i cant get my hand between it? Lol. Idk how to get those other lights closer. Thats an issue ive kept through out grows is getting all the lights close.. lol. Im running 50-55 rh and 80 degrees too.

19. That's about how I do seedlings. Is that Coco? Or soil?

• Like Like x 2
  20. She looks happy. She should hit a nice growth spurt in the coming week once those roots spread out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1